New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly wouldn't be surprised if the club let out the Rafael news simply to make the fans warm up to Nuno more. But if it is true then I have mixed feelings about it. On one side it looks like he is past his best, but also on another side it looks like he really does want to prove himself and rebuild his image. If he is taking the job then it is not for a big payday but because he sees himself as somehow overshadowing the club rivalry and becoming a legend of the whole city, not just one club. Rivalry aside he has donated a lot to the City, that is about the only goodwill he will get from me if he gets the job

How would you know if you're from America? For all you know we could be doing ric flair impressions.

Serious though I boo quite alot when I'm at the game but only at HT of FT, while the clock is ticking and those lads are on the pitch they get my unadulterated support because the represent the team I love and I want them to do well.

When the game is over or its half time and they cant effect the game then its my right and many other fans right to let them know that the way they are playing as a representative of the club i love will not be tolerated.

If you've got a issue with goodison being "toxic" I advise you to look at how us not being at the ground has worked out for our home form. So we must be doing something right.
The interesting thing was that this year, when false sound was added to matches, Goodison sounded not quite right, getting applauded off after home defeat seemed not quite right although the stands were deserted as has happened before (excepting of course a large minority of the devoted who understand what it is to support a team)

Yes, sadly our fan-base is abusive to all our players and all our managers these days.

We even hounded out Stones and Barkley.
I hate to say it but I was one of the thousands of blues who gave Stones dog’s abuse. I bought into the Evertonian myth that he wasn’t good enough for the Premier League.

Point being?
Not a long term manager. At the very least with Nino or Potter they could be here for at least they next 5 years going well and provide stability. Rafael, whether he does good or bad would be here probably 3 or 4 years at most due to his age. It was the same with Carlo. Not many retirement age managers managing top teams around the world.

honestly wouldn't be surprised if the club let out the Rafael news simply to make the fans warm up to Nuno more. But if it is true then I have mixed feelings about it. On one side it looks like he is past his best, but also on another side it looks like he really does want to prove himself and rebuild his image. If he is taking the job then it is not for a big payday but because he sees himself as somehow overshadowing the club rivalry and becoming a legend of the whole city, not just one club. Rivalry aside he has donated a lot to the City, that is about the only goodwill he will get from me if he gets the job
It is absolutely for a big payday and he can still live at home. For him it's a no brainer.
But how anyone in the boardroom can think this is a good idea baffles me. At a guess 80 per cent of the fans don't want him.
How do they think he will turn it around.
He's in decline as a manager , falls out with owners, and is hated by an awful lot of our supporters. It will only go one way . It's that simple to me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.