New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about creating a narrative with only a select part of history.

Who did he buy at Liverpool?

Torres
Xabi Alonso
Mascherano
Luis Garcia
Dirk Kuyt
Crouchy
Glen Johnson
Agger
Skrtel
Pepe Reina
Benayoun
Momo Sissoko
Fabio Aurelio
Zenden
Raheem Sterling
Jonjo Shelvey
Suso
Insua
Ayala
Paletta

He also wanted to buy Aguero, Vidic, Dani Alves, David Silva and Aaron Ramsey at Liverpool, but the club wouldn't sanction the moves. So he was hamstrung.

At Newcastle he was promised money which never materialised. He was given his 5th or 6th choice signings. News has come out recently that he had a deal in place for Bruno who went to Man Utd and Ruben Dias who joined City.

He has a very good eye for talent. Don't forget he also signed Casameiro, Danilo, Kovacic and Lucas Vasquez at Madrid. Advised Liverpool to purchase Coutinho from him at Inter, when he was leaving. Had scouted Luis Suarez at Liverpool for 18 months before he joined at which point Rafael had already left, Jorginho, Higuain, Koulibaly, Mertens, De Guzman, Callejon, Albiol, Gabbiadini at Napoli. Almiron, Schar, Fernandez, Dubravka, Rondon at Newcastle.
As long as Shelvey doesnt become the new James who follows his manager everywhere. I still believe Benitez will be haunted at some stage about his ex Red career so no more please

Over the past week I think I've come around to the idea that Potter might be the right man for us. If we want a project, someone who will hopefully stay and build a team of contenders .

But at the same time, I worry about the impact it might have on bringing in quality signings, who may have neve heard of him!

Tbf, you don't need a big name manager to sign good players. We don't need to sign big name players, we need to sign the undervalued ones - Brighton signed the likes of Bissouma and Lamptey while Potter was manager. These are players who would stroll into our team. Players will move anywhere as long as it's a good career move for them (money and/or progression to a bigger club and/or more prospect of first team football). We won't be signing the likes of James or Allan, but as good as they are these are players at the back end of their careers. Even Ancelotti being here wouldn't have got us a James in his prime

First 2 games acceptable (apart from the embarrassment of subbing Kean...the sub he'd put on), then it fell apart dramatically.

The feller isn't up to it. If he was, he'd have ben employed as a manager by now - wouldn't he????
Acceptable ? The boys were running themselves into the ground because of Dunc and Kean wasn't doing as he was told and that's why he get hooked off .
Don't get me wrong , I hope we aim higher but I wouldn't be inconsolable if he is given the chair .
He's worked closely with Carlo for about 18 months . He had to learn something . Different cone set ups for example . If it came down to Nuno , Benitez or Dunc , I know who I would prefer shouting orders .

Tbf, you don't need a big name manager to sign good players. We don't need to sign big name players, we need to sign the undervalued ones - Brighton signed the likes of Bissouma and Lamptey while Potter was manager. These are players who would stroll into our team. Players will move anywhere as long as it's a good career move for them (money and/or progression to a bigger club and/or more prospect of first team football). We won't be signing the likes of James or Allan, but as good as they are these are players at the back end of their careers. Even Ancelotti being here wouldn't have got us a James in his prime
Bissouma was signed in the Hughton days. It doesn't really matter though, it's not like Potter decides all their transfers himself

Acceptable ? The boys were running themselves into the ground because of Dunc and Kean wasn't doing as he was told and that's why he get hooked off .
Don't get me wrong , I hope we aim higher but I wouldn't be inconsolable if he is given the chair .
He's worked closely with Carlo for about 18 months . He had to learn something . Different cone set ups for example . If it came down to Nuno , Benitez or Dunc , I know who I would prefer shouting orders .
Nuno surely just because of what he did with Wolves?

Talk about creating a narrative with only a select part of history.

Who did he buy at Liverpool?

Torres
Xabi Alonso
Mascherano
Luis Garcia
Dirk Kuyt
Crouchy
Glen Johnson
Agger
Skrtel
Pepe Reina
Benayoun
Momo Sissoko
Fabio Aurelio
Zenden
Raheem Sterling
Jonjo Shelvey
Suso
Insua
Ayala
Paletta

He also wanted to buy Aguero, Vidic, Dani Alves, David Silva and Aaron Ramsey at Liverpool, but the club wouldn't sanction the moves. So he was hamstrung.

At Newcastle he was promised money which never materialised. He was given his 5th or 6th choice signings. News has come out recently that he had a deal in place for Bruno who went to Man Utd and Ruben Dias who joined City.

He has a very good eye for talent. Don't forget he also signed Casameiro, Danilo, Kovacic and Lucas Vasquez at Madrid. Advised Liverpool to purchase Coutinho from him at Inter, when he was leaving. Had scouted Luis Suarez at Liverpool for 18 months before he joined at which point Rafael had already left, Jorginho, Higuain, Koulibaly, Mertens, De Guzman, Callejon, Albiol, Gabbiadini at Napoli. Almiron, Schar, Fernandez, Dubravka, Rondon at Newcastle.
You signed up here in 2019 and nearly every post you’ve made has been about Rafael Benitez with some really extensive knowledge of his past especially whilst at the RS.

What’s the deal with that?

You signed up here in 2019 and nearly every post you’ve made has been about Rafael Benitez with some really extensive knowledge of his past especially whilst at the RS.

What’s the deal with that?

wow that's actually true, very odd

I like Nuno for the tactics and intensity, it seemed also that Wolves had some good teamwork, and maybe they just ran out of steam. Does anyone know why he left at the end of his contract? I guess that they couldn't go any further, but I don't think any manager would go higher than this at Wolves - getting them to PL, keeping them safe every year and occassional cup runs and EL qualification is great for them isnt it

So that means for us he should be able to do the minimum I'm expecting from a new manager
- Great Team ethic (now that I look back on the last 5 years, it seems like that was a huge gap in our team - no togetherness, friendship or fight)
- Clear tactics with a Plan B
- pace and power

If we have that, but still only finish 7th or 8th I'll be really happy.

I'd be happier with a team and identity than anything else next season, and I hope maybe Nuno could give us that. Don't know enough about Ten Haag, or Potter, they might come here as a stepping stone to a bigger club, but we need someone for 5 years and I'm worried about Conte, because he will do great in the short-term, but after 2 years he'll leave us and we have to rebuild again!

*Champions League Winner
*1x Champions League Finalist
*68% win ratio with Real Madrid
*58% win ratio with Chelsea
*Won TWO La Liga titles with a Spanish club that wasn't Real Madrid, Barcelona or Athletico Madrid.
*UEFA Super Cup Winner
*2x UEFA Cup Winner/Europa League Winner
*FA Cup Winner
*FIFA World Club Cup Winner
*2x Supper Copa Italia Winner
*La Liga Best Coach Award
*2x UEFA Manager of the Year
*European Coach of the Year
*LMA Special Merit Award
*8x Premier League Manager of Month Awards
*Lives on the Wirral

**Names Rafael, worked for the darkside over a decade ago, can't have him, despite him being one of the most successful managers available and worked for six other clubs since then, including Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Chelsea, and Napoli.
Sheedy, Morrissey, Beardsley. Have we ever taken a dud off them?

Status
Not open for further replies.