New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? 5 wins from 19 in the PL up to the turn of the year.
We were never 5th. We were 6th after an opening day draw but it all went downhill from there.

Mad how it went proper pear shaped after that defeat away to Spurs, after Mirallas put us in front with a great goal.

That Arsenal at home and Chelsea at home were an absolute embarrassment. That was an Everton side that was as unfit as we are ever likely to see.

2-0 up against Arsenal and they literally ran out of steam and were clinging on in the end

It’s not interesting. It’s very very uninteresting. The odds shifted because of the Telegraph story. The end.

….of course they did, still interesting for some if not for others to see adjustment following the Telegraph story.

I like checking the market checks myself (went through Cheltenham ante-post this morning) even a daft one like Next Everton Manager list.

The longer this goes on, the more convinced I am that I need to change my vote from Conte to Potter.

I have come to think that if we get Conte and we do even half decent (even 10th as this year showed) then Conte will be taken on by a more attractive proposition than us in a year or 18 months.

In contrast, I think we could realistically get someone like Potter and if he does well we should be able to keep him for a couple of years at least as the huge sides will probably need convincing it isn’t a flash in the pan.

I can’t say Potter is a charismatic manager in terms of how he talks publicly but I have been impressed by his teams and if you look, BHA’s shot conversion rate is what has hampered them whereas we are most likely really good in that sense so you’d think if we can marry the two we’d be onto something sustainable finally.

….of course they did, still interesting for some if not for others to see adjustment following the Telegraph story.

I like checking the market checks myself, even a daft one like Next Everton Manager list.
And that’s fine, if it’s just for entertainment. But let’s not allow anyone to be under any illusion that they actually MEAN anything.

Sadly plenty on here ARE under such an illusion, and get wound up when an unfavoured choice’s odds come in a bit.

Mad how it went proper pear shaped after that defeat away to Spurs, after Mirallas put us in front with a great goal.

That Arsenal at home and Chelsea at home were an absolute embarrassment. That was an Everton side that was as unfit as we are ever likely to see.

2-0 up against Arsenal and they literally ran out of steam and were clinging on in the end
Some are blinkered because of what he's doing with Belgium but they need to realize he doesn't have to get them fit, they turn up fit.

The longer this goes on, the more convinced I am that I need to change my vote from Conte to Potter.

I have come to think that if we get Conte and we do even half decent (even 10th as this year showed) then Conte will be taken on by a more attractive proposition than us in a year or 18 months.

In contrast, I think we could realistically get someone like Potter and if he does well we should be able to keep him for a couple of years at least as the huge sides will probably need convincing it isn’t a flash in the pan.

I can’t say Potter is a charismatic manager in terms of how he talks publicly but I have been impressed by his teams and if you look, BHA’s shot conversion rate is what has hampered them whereas we are most likely really good in that sense so you’d think if we can marry the two we’d be onto something sustainable finally.
I would 100% have Potter over Conte, im starting to think he is our best options out of the managers we know about

And that’s fine, if it’s just for entertainment. But let’s not allow anyone to be under any illusion that they actually MEAN anything.

Sadly plenty on here ARE under such an illusion, and get wound up when an unfavoured choice’s odds come in a bit.

…no, I think you underestimate the knowledge on here.

I think this market reflects the firms know nothing & act on rumour and the odd speculative bet. As many have pointed out, they mean nothing until one of the candidates goes long odds-on. I tend to post the top 10 in the betting each morning and highlight that the eventual appointee is probably not included at this point.

Just a bit of fun to add to the discussion.

I have 0 issues with Duncan being our manager.

I have hundreds of issues with Duncan being our manager now. Let him go manage SOMEWHERE other than a top level PL club as his first job. Look at how deluded Arteta is with how limited a manager he is with a vastly better squad. You need experience in managing, simply "being there" isn't experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.