New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
…..looking like Potter will be new favourite for the job but they don’t appear to have any clue what’s going on. Sky betting;

9E511DED-6528-4875-A60D-E45675139C65.png

I take the point there is no ideal candidate most of them are a gamble on the list. Looking at Fonseca his fast tempo style fits with us and he has a bit more a proven record than Potter looking at his win percentage. Farve has built teams and improved players.. Who do you favour?

I favour Potter / Rangnick / Amorim / Kovac.

To varying degrees, there is a mixture of potential and/or a sustainable record there.

It's all objective though I agree mate.

Whomever emerges probably won't be to the taste of most of us.

I wouldn't like either of Fonseca or Favre.

Fonseca was sacked by Roma. They brought him in to essentially do the type of job with Roma he'd be asked to do here only its relatively easier there. He didn't pull up any trees.

Favre for me is the sort of guy who leads a team up the mountain and then right back down again. Everywhere he has been is marked with a great start followed by a sustained slump. He walked out on Moenchengladbach after leading them into the Champions League after a poor start to the following season. That's typical of his career.

I think with Favre even though a lot of the improvement is quite quick and there does tend to be a lump, he does generally leave teams in a better situation than what he inherited. While it's hard to do a like for like comparison across countries I use a site called ELO and if you look at performance at Dortmund he took them over when they were ranked slightly below where we are now and took them to around the equivalent of about 6th in our league. If he repeated that here, over an 18 month period people would be pretty happy with that.

He's not one I'd break the bank for, but he's available and free, would work well with Brands so someone I would be quite happy with.

Fonseca I don't really see the attraction. I know he had a lot of injuries but he didn't pull up any trees at Roma for me.

My preferences would probably be

- Loew (Think he'd be an exciting appointment and I believe he can handle the switch from international to club football)

- Potter (Not an especially exciting appointment, but I think he'd keep us steady and I also think he would fit nicely into the system Brands wants to go with)

- One of the wacky foreign coaches I don't really know much about (Because at least they're a bit more interesting than the usual merry-go-rounders like Moyes and Benitez)

Strangely Conte isn't on my list. Thought he did a cracking job at Chelsea, but I think he'd need a better calibre of player than we have to really do anything and I doubt we'd back him financially enough to get those players, so at the moment it would be kind of a wasted appointment. The opportunity has presented itself 2-3 years too early I think sadly

Most important thing that has come out of this Nuno business is to just completely ignore all media reports and betting odds as it is all complete and utter made up bollox unless it comes from someone credible which it didn't. It was the same last time before we appointed Carlo.

Made up Nuno is going to Palace. Just need Potter and Moyes to sign extensions and Howe to retire it will be a good day all round. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.