New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Becuase that's who it's going to be, get it done, then we can work on the squad
I havent seen any credible links apart from click bait by the echo who know jack stttt.
The longer the better for me, than just jumping to the most convenient and available option.

Becuase that's who it's going to be, get it done, then we can work on the squad
yes hopefully next week, as the squad needs a lot of work on. And you just do not sign players overnight.
As for the Stevie G comments please stop it.
He might be a winner. But 2 spineless performances and GOT will be on meltdown him being a Red / don't care for our club.
Nuno please !

Based on the fact that we were absolutely dreadful before he became caretaker boss and we had Chelsea, Man utd, Arse up next.

He managed a win and 2 draws, that in itself is a huge accomplishment that gets bizzarrely overlooked on these boards.

Carlo came in and didn't change much.

We were in total disarray, and him coming in, pretty much uplifted the crowd.

But for a short time. The Arsenal game was absolutely horrendous. Just as four as anything Ancelotti served up. The players reverted to type.

No one has overlooked it have they? I just actually watched the game, and for all the hunger the players had to begin with, the tactics weren’t great, and we were lucky against Chelsea.

I'd have Gerrard, he's a winner, not really follow scottish football much, but he's done a good job there. Gerrard to me is a better shout than who we are linked with at mo

Winning stuff with Rangers means nothing. How much did Walter Smith win with them?

Honestly anyone saying Gerrard just doesn't get the issues involved here.

Lets just say that he is a premier league good manager (no proof), who for some reason is not being called a cheating RS git after two loses on the bounces by our fans, who than happens to do alright, maybe wins us a trophy or pushes us up the league...lets just say that happens yeah?

What happens next?

Klopp leaves and they steal our manager off us.

Brilliant!

It is an absolute no go and it will never ever ever ever happen. Nor should it. Look outside of the city of Liverpool.

Why aren’t we talking to Valverde?

Impressive record at a number of clubs and for someone who’s most recent job included two title wins with Barcelona, he’s never talked about when big jobs come up.

This.

Considering he's not even in a job, it just baffles me that his name is never even mentioned in conversation, nevermind remotely being linked with. Yet I hear people mentioning absolutely dross like Moyes, Martinez, Howe etc.

Looking at Everton's previous managers and points per game:

David Moyes - 1.5 points per game
Roberto Martinez - 1.44 points per game
Ronald Koeman - 1.47 points per game
Fat Sam - 1.42 points per game
Marco Silva - 1.33 points per game
Carlo Ancelotti - 1.60 points per game

Looking at the clubs which Valverde has managed over the past 10 years:

Athletic Bilbao - 1.64 points per game
Valencia - 1.87 points per game
Olympiacos - 2.34 points per game
Barcelona - 2.23 points per game

Also winning 10 trophies in the process (albiet 4 trophies with Bacelona over 2 years). Don't get me wrong, Olympiacos and Barca are giants in their respective leagues so you could say that he's bound to do well there.

Just think it's absolutely mad that his name doesn't even get mentioned, yet I see people backing Moyes, Martinez, Howe etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.