New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have to be inspired, because it was Ferguson?

The Chelsea game was amazing, the crowd was electric, but watch it back, we rode our luck, and everything worked out, fairy tale esque.

We lost to Leicester, literally went backs to the wall against United, did we have more than one attack?

Then the players reverted to sort.

I love Duncan, but it’s pie in the sky stuff to suggest it was enjoyable viewing, other than the fact we all love the bloke snd wanted him to succeed.

Chelsea was brilliant but it was 90 mins of pure emotion and effort - and a little bit of good fortune - and isn't replicable week on week. That showed in the following weeks. In none of the other 3 games did we look anything like what we did against Chelsea. The arsenal game in particular we were as flat as a pancake despite playing in front of Carlo.

I love Dunc, I really do. But I don't have any evidence that suggests he's got the necessary tactical and motivational nouse to do a long term job.

From what I've heard from a good mate of mine who is well placed to know, each of our managers recently - Carlo included - has given Dunc the bare minimum of responsibility, despite his title of Assistant Manager. Much of the time he's been putting out cones and holding a stop watch, and just little extra stuff with strikers off his own bat.
That's not necessarily his fault - but seems to suggest that he's not trusted with really high level stuff and hasn't particularly convinced anyone that he's worthy of more influence and input.

From what I've heard from a good mate of mine who is well placed to know, each of our managers recently - Carlo included - has given Dunc the bare minimum of responsibility, despite his title of Assistant Manager. Much of the time he's been putting out cones and holding a stop watch, and just little extra stuff with strikers off his own bat.
That's not necessarily his fault - but seems to suggest that he's not trusted with really high level stuff and hasn't particularly convinced anyone that he's worthy of more influence and input.
Is this a case for @orly?

The Chelsea win was purely based on passion and Frank Lampard didn’t have the experience to deal with it, had it been Tuchal or Carlo or one of the other big Chelsea managers, we mostly wouldn’t have won

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Tuchal got smashed off the park by a WBA team managed by Sam allerdyce and got beat by crap like dijon and lorient while at psg. Then carlo has had his ass spanked by Newcastle twice, fulham, Burnley, Southampton and Sheffield United all this season.

So I very much doubt they would of done better that day.

Is this a sign? Jose Mourinho has just been given the Everton job on my FM game! Also did anyone see the Echo story where they simmed a season with Everton bringing back Moyes in FM?

1622978229849.png

His missus will severely pull her gob if she has to move north of a line bounded by the M3, 4 or 5.
And nobody can survive for long if the missus is in perpetual whinge mode
When he hits the big time with moshiris machine he can have any girl he wants and jib her off.

Why not Steven Gerrard

In an ideal world we would get Pochettino but he turned us down before Ancelotti apparently and there’s nothing to suggest he would pick us before Spurs even if he becomes available. You do wonder why he keeps failing to win trophies, even a one horse race in France.

Conte is obviously the big name available. This certainly wouldn’t be a bad appointment but he would only worth hiring if he agreed to work with players chosen by Brands on top of Rom if we could entice him back. What Carlo has shown us is that there is no loyalty whatsoever in football so we cannot buy another load of footballers only coming to us because of a manager who will be gone within 2 years.

Galtier seems like an interesting appointment who has done a fantastic job at Lille despite his best players being sold and is certainly somebody I could get on board with. He would be willing to work with and develop young, hungry, ambitious and quick players in the Godfrey mould that we need to be targeting going forward

Please stop with the Potter shouts. The man has done absolutely nothing to suggest he can take a club like ours to the next level. It is such a small minded appointment which would show the mediocrity of the club that we have just gotten away from with the Ancelotti appointment. The lowered expectations of the Kenwright era has affected you all. A lot of you actually wanted Big Sam! You will be the same ones moaning in 2 years time of a lack of ambition when we finish mid table again

More than anything think about the optics. What does it say to potential players going from Ancelotti to Potter. Does that sound like a club on the way up. Ancelloti to Gerrard doesn’t seem as bad. His name alone will attract players especially younger players who probably idolised him growing up

However the worst choice we could make is Moyes. Even Big Sam would be better than Davey as we know Sam would be gone in 12 months. As I said when it looked like Moyes would come back before we appointment Carlo, Moyes is a good enough manager to earn a new contract but he won’t win you anything which is what we all want. He has done exactly that at West Ham. Appointing him would be another 5 years wasted. Moyes was the right coach at the right time when he was appointed but he outstayed his welcome. I’ll never forgive him for how he blew the semi final against Liverpool. Even at one up it was clear in that first half that things were going wrong and he did absolutely nothing to change it. Who wants to go back to the plucky underdog narrative that Moyes did his best to harvest as it made him look better and excused his lack of fight against the big clubs, sitting back, inviting pressure, waiting to concede

So on to Gerrard. Despite how much most of us hate him there is no doubt he is a winner. Does anyone think he’ll stand for Sigurdsson or Gomes strolling around in midfield with the ball getting passed round them. He’s a local lad who was around in the 80s so knows what it means to see Everton as a winner. He’ll certainly have us fired up in the Derby. Despite his loyalties he does seem the type to want to lose at anything. Let’s not forget he was happy to leave Liverpool twice for Chelsea before he got threats (allegedly)

At least get him in for an interview. What’s the worst that can happen. One meeting will tell you if he’s up for the fight. Failing that the meeting will give you a useful insight into a potential manager of our arch rivals and it’ll unite the fan base behind anyone that it eventually chosen if we don’t appoint him!

He has just won a trophy which is what we want. Yes it was Scotland and you can say it’s a two horse race but it hasn’t been a two horse race up there in 10 years. Going undefeated and only conceding 4 goals at home all season (if I read that correctly) is unbelievable especially in a COVID no fan year. It’s clear we need to sort out our home form

Moving to Everton is a step up in players he is managing so there is no issue with a big manager like Ancelotti or Conte suddenly having to deal with lesser players. He will be happy working with and developing the young, hungry players that Brands has to bring in.

Are we a stepping stone to Liverpool, yes probably. However it’s not going to be like Barmby who left us out of the blue. Both sides know it’s a marriage of convenience. He needs to win a trophy/ get into the Champions League to persuade Liverpool to hire him and we are desperate for either. It’s a win-win. Most managers are going to leave after a couple of years and any player or manager who joins us should be looking to go from us to a massive club. It’s just where we are at present

So onto the biggest issue, the fact that he’s a Liverpool legend. We all love Beardsley, Watson, Sheedy and Ablett. I agree it’s probably not the same. Let me try it another way. If Klopp fell out with FSG tomorrow but wanted to stay in the area and would take the job if Moshiri was willing to make him the highest paid manager in the world, how many of us would take him as manager. Most of us would if we’re honest. He too is a Liverpool legend

I would be genuinely be interested to see how many of you would have him

Status
Not open for further replies.