New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine Q: Did Nuno play 3 at the back there from day one, or did he ultimately decide that’s what suited the players, and then just built on it once they had a bit of success?

Makes a big difference on how exciting or otherwise his appointment would be.
@nsno-chris posted a good video about him a few pages back. He’s adapted his style to every club he’s been at

I’m no particular advocate of Nuno, but that comment is demonstrably false.
They never played good football in the sense that it wouldn't put neutrals to sleep. They had a period where they played good football from a getting results standpoint, but even then it doesn't seem to me like they could ever take that on and challenge the actual top of the league.

They never played good football in the sense that it wouldn't put neutrals to sleep. They had a period where they played good football from a getting results standpoint, but even then it doesn't seem to me like they could ever take that on and challenge the actual top of the league.
They came up and finished 7th in their first 2 seasons back in the top flight.

They struggled this season after losing one of the most underrated players in the league to a horrific injury & his replacement was a kid who looked massively overpriced and out of his depth.

I could live to 100 (I won’t) and I’ll never understand people choosing the likes of Dunc “bEcaUsE PaSsIoN!”

It’s such a lazy argument and one that has been debunked time and time and time again, nowhere more so than at this club.

Everyone has their preferences and all that, and if the kid in you wants your boyhood hero to be in charge then that’s great, just let’s not pretend it would be anything other than a monumental car crash.

They came up and finished 7th in their first 2 seasons back in the top flight.

They struggled this season after losing one of the most underrated players in the league to a horrific injury & his replacement was a kid who looked massively overpriced and out of his depth.
And that's fine. They were a decent side the two season's previous to this.

I read that post as saying they played good football as in it was enjoyable to watch and no, they did not and have not.

Honestly I think we could be fine under Nuno but it would be unwatchable at times and probably come with a fairly hard ceiling of 6th.

39979DAF-EEC0-4381-907E-019B4B4F8312.jpeg
Finally a genuine source.

Status
Not open for further replies.