New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen it all now ...

IMG-20210601-WA0003.jpg

I’m not saying he’s not a brilliant manager I just don’t think he suits Everton the same way I didn’t think, at the time, Carlo did. There’s no evidence Conte has fixed a team like this before.

It’s why I also think the Zidane shouts are insane.
The thing is if he made the same level of progress with us as he has Juve and Inter we'd be knocking around CL. I get it is different but what we're looking to achieve right now is also different.

Zidane has actually never really improved a club. He's taken a team in the Spain Big 3 and kept them there while winning cups. Conte took Inter from 4th to champions and Juve from 7th to three times champions. That isn't comparable for me.

Is he the right fit? Probably not. But if you've actually got a chance at an actual top class manager you've got to have a good long think.

I also doubt we have a chance.

I'd say we need to stop going to those teams and forcing ourselves to be super defensive to make meaningful progress. Or we need to do it within a structure that doesn't have to change massively when we play home against Fulham. Hence my love for Conte as his 3-5-2 does both in the same shape with the same patterns. It is the other stuff with him that makes you hesistant.

Id be a fan of a Conte and his system, I think he’s very underatted tactically, even though he’s highly rated if that makes sense. I’d still contend our problems are more value and culture based as opposed to something that could be fixed by a tactic, system or plan. All opinions mind.

He won the title at Chelsea (similar to Tuchel at the moment) and Inter with 3 at the back with wing backs and two strikers.

Carlo did that with us. Barely worked with what we have.
Carlo didn't know what he was doing. Conte lives and breaths that system. He'd need a true RWB but once that is in he'd have it functioning.

From a practical perspective, here is a list of Premier League manager salaries. Can't believe Parker was on a bigger wedge than Moyes lol lol

1622584750686.png

I was so unconvinced by us I stopped watching by the final 5 games of the season. Even then I'm gutted we have lost Ancelotti - he got DCL playing, won us the sort of games we haven't won for decades and put us in a different market for players. Now we are facing the prospect of a typical Everton summer of last minute preparation and our better players wanting out. Not sure on next appointment as most would feel like a backwards step initially.

Status
Not open for further replies.