New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say this for Rafael: he's a bit of a [Poor language removed]. That, to me, is something we need in a manager.

Cards on table: I think decisions are best made when emotions are taken out of them. In the case of Benitez, I think he is every bit as viable a contender for the job as pretty much anybody on our list - when you take away the crippling local rivalry bullshit that many thrive on. He has been successful so he has a demonstrable record of success. He has managed great players and Newcastle United players.

What I would ask is: is he the best man for the job? I'd like to think that his time has probably passed and there are better managers out there for us right now. But his record is very good indeed, and he record ranks above 99% of managers in the game: FACT!
I'd have no problem him taking over.

I'd have no problem him taking over.
As I said, I suspect he's over the top now, but his record speaks for itself. Whether we hate him or not, he is a very good football manager. Given some of the absolute charlatans being promoted for the job, you can see why Rafael's representative - and adviser to Moshiri - Kia Joorabchian is "aggressively" pushing his candidacy. Or, at least, was.

I’d take a shot on Lampard. He took over Chelsea when they we’re in a right mess. They had a transfer ban and lost a few players. He gave the kids a go and actually did okay. People thought he’d do a lot worse.

I think the worry on here is, given the seeming can't be arsed nature of the squad - Is the Dunc high emotion thing sustainable over a season...is there plan B...or C for days when the emotions are low - as happens.

I understand that but you just as you cant expect the team to play like they did in every game they did for dunk because they were dead on their feet through the Leicester and arsenal game(which we should of had two pens for hand ball in btw). You also cant castigate some one on there managerial prowess based on such a small time in charge. He was in charge for 4 games and people think he should of had us playing like prime Brazil. He had us playing in a way that was as uncomplicated as possible and effective as possible to maximise the points we could gain against tough opposition in the short time he had to work with the players. With a pre season to actually start to implement a style with some of his own players who knows what we might see from his style of play.

So basically what you’re saying is, if I’m reading between the lines. You’re fine with appointing Ferguson, because he could be like Sean Dyche?

Hodgson, is an experienced manager, who’s been successful at what he does for 4 decades.

Sean Dyche has managed previously and does what he needs for Burnley.

Appointing Ferguson as a manager, who has no experience, to manage a side like ours, is going to go well?

Leicester dominated us, United Dominated us, Arsenal was a disaster. Don’t let the fact it’s Dunc cloud your judgement.

Love the bloke, but we didn’t set the world alight, he has no managerial experience, and coming in, when the clubs at its lowest ebb for 3-4 years, is a recipe for disaster, and I thoroughly believe we’d be in a relegation scrap.

So i mention a team that won the league, a team that regularly finishes mid table and a team that bounces around from mid table to battling relegation and you went with the latter...interesting take.

The fact of the matter was there wasn't any reading between the lines of my post because I said what I ment in the post and used the 3 examples as evidence for it.

This league isn't complicated and you don't even have to play complicated football to be successful. You just have to play effect football and I believe that dunk can play effect football.

Lampard came in and got fourth with Chelsea and where was his managerial experience? One year at failing at derby. He didn't even have any coaching experience apart from his time for his badges. Dunk is the most experienced coach in the league and knows this squad inside and out.

I wouldnt expect dunk to get us too 4th but I dont think he would have us battling relegation either and he'd be able to build and work in sync with brands and blood through some youngsters as well.

As I said, I suspect he's over the top now, but his record speaks for itself. Whether we hate him or not, he is a very good football manager. Given some of the absolute charlatans being promoted for the job, you can see why Rafael's representative - and adviser to Moshiri - Kia Joorabchian is "aggressively" pushing his candidacy. Or, at least, was.

I think Benitez, Carlo and Mourinho are all past their best theae days but I dont think there are many up and coming managers who have replaced them.

Similarly to a lack of world class players coming through as the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Zlatan etc look to hang up their boots there seems a lack of quality in football these days.

In terms of management I think Pep and Klopp aside there really aren't any managers I would consider top drawer.

Its why for me recruitment at present needs to be the most important thing - if we can appoint a steady enough appointment but give them good players then I think we could do alright.

Maybe our board think it's to much of tempestuous appointment at this moment in time.
Well, they did appoint Big Sam...

I see Michael Ball saying Rafael has all the credentials for the job but that it could turn toxic quickly if results go south.

I understand that but you just as you cant expect the team to play like they did in every game they did for dunk because they were dead on their feet through the Leicester and arsenal game(which we should of had two pens for hand ball in btw). You also cant castigate some one on there managerial prowess based on such a small time in charge. He was in charge for 4 gMes and people think he should of had us playing like prime Brazil. He had us playing in a way that was as uncomplicated as possible and effective as possible in the short time he had to work with the players. With a pre season to actually start to implement a style with some of his own players who knows what we might see from his style of play.

So i mention a team that won the league, a team that regularly finishes mid table and a team that bounces around from mid table to battling relegation and you went with the latter...interesting take.

The fact of the matter was there wasn't any reading between the lines of my post because I said what I ment in the post and used the 3 examples as evidence for it.

This league isn't complicated and you don't even have to play complicated football to be successful. You just have to play effect football and I believe that dunk can play effect football.

Lampard came in and got fourth with Chelsea and where was his managerial experience? One year at failing at derby. He didn't even have any coaching experience apart from his time for his badges. Dunk is the most experienced coach in the league and knows this squad inside and out.

I wouldnt expect dunk to get us too 4 but I dont think he would have us battling relegation either and he'd be able to build and work in sync with brands and blood through some youngsters as well.

1 year at “failing” Derby... who he took to the playoff final, and followed it up, by staying up on a technicality.

Can you explain to me how Duncan Ferguson is the most experienced coach in the league?

Everything you’re saying is pie in the sky stuff.

Lampard had more experience than Ferguson.

Ferguson is not the most experienced coach in the league.... he’s absolutely miles off.

He can work with Brands and bring through youth, apparently? Can you tell me who in the Youth Team is stepping up? Our closest prospects aren’t good enough.

He worked with this group of players as a coach for 6 seasons now and guess what? They’ve not turned up for 6 years, so what exactly is he doing? If his presence is so great, those players wouldn’t be so lethargic (and yes, I’m aware it’s not his direct job... but ( managers have came in, and he’s been there doing the same as always)

If Duncan fails it wont be for the lack of trying, forget players being slackers, he won't tolerate it. Or the next manager scenario that doesn't give a tuppence about everton and move onto the next payday. Only my opinion.

Wilkinson 1992
Royle 1995
Redknapp 2008

Ouch.
It’s grim like, the Prem roll call looks as follows

93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 99, 00, 01, 03, 07, 08, 09, 11, 13 - Scottish (Ferguson and Dalglish)

98, 02, 04 - French (Wenger)

05, 06, 15 - Portuguese (Mourinho)

10, 12, 16, 17 - Italian (Ancelotti, Mancini, Ranieri and Conte)

14 - Chilean (Pellegrini)

19 - German (Klopp)

18, 19, 21 - Spaniard (Guardiola)

The last time there was a dominance of title winning managers being English was between 1976 and 1987 when Howard (twice), Bob Paisley (6), Ron Saunders, Brian Clough and Joe Fagan all won it with only Dalglish breaking the monopoly in 1986

The previous time before that was during the period pre and post Second World War when Sir Matt Busby was the only ‘foreign’ manager to claim the English title , in 1952, since Johnny Cochrane did it with Sunderland in 1936. Busby would snap a run of ‘home’ winners twice more, going back to back in 56 and 57 then again, along with Shankly between 1964 and 1967

Status
Not open for further replies.