New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. People turn their nose up because his name isn't Gallardo Pottertino, and honestly I've done the same in the past with British managers, but out of all the 'up and coming' crop he plays the most exciting football. I've said for a while I think he'd be great as a national team manager because when I look at Brighton I think they'd fly up the league with better players.
I've been impressed with Brighton every time I've watched them, and the stats back that up.

If they could finish they would've finished in Europe.

I actually heard of Potter when he was at Osterlunds...read a bit about him and then didnt pay attention when he went to Swansea.

Always thought it would be great for him to do well for himself having gone to Sweden and worked his way up.

Very similar to Roy Hodgson going to Hamstads.

From what i know, he favours a 343 or 3412 if were being precise which then goes to a 325 as he overloads around the box with the wing backs throwing crosses in.

Beyond that, he favours a high press and athletic centre midfielders.

For us, I guess it would look like this

Pickford
Godfrey ??? ???
??? Doucoure ??? Digne
James DCL Richarlison

The Brighton team press really high...defenders around the half way line then rushing back to make 541 setup. Ours dont have the pace for this bar Godfrey.

On the right we of course need a right back/wing back.

Centre mid only Doucoure has the athleticism to compare with the Brighton style.

So something like that i guess...we would need a lot of changes...something im massively in favour of.

Id take Potter if he came in and recycled alot of players to play this style.
He plays a low block in defence, his middle CB plays as a sweeper.

We have the defenders.

442 seems to be his most used formation, but hes very flexible.

I supect with our players he would play 352.

Pickers
Godders - Keane - Mina
Coleman - Doucs - Allan - Gomes - Digne
DCL - Rico

442, 343, 352.

Didnt know he played 442 thats interesting...thought it was always 343.

I mean yeah but then you compared the stats to our managers who have had teams absolutely nowhere near as good as the one Pirlo had.

The facts are that he inherited a team that had won 9 league titles on the bounce and got knocked out of the Champions League by a Portuguese side and only just scrambled to qualify for said competition this year.

In the long run Pirlo could be great but atm he's an Italian version of Lampard.

Thats so off base...

I agree. People turn their nose up because his name isn't Gallardo Pottertino, and honestly I've done the same in the past with British managers, but out of all the 'up and coming' crop he plays the most exciting football. I've said for a while I think he'd be great as a national team manager because when I look at Brighton I think they'd fly up the league with better players.

Every team would fly up the league with better players though...

Do you like the way they play?

Sound exactly what Carlo tried to do without the speed of passing

He seems to have his 3 defenders on the half way line...like Villas Boas.

Then charge back to make 541 so a bit different.

Also he plays 2 centre mids up/down while we usually had 3.

So theres some differences...he seems to be more adventurous. But maybe we would be too with better CBs, a RB and more athletic midfielders...

Part of our problem is that we're constantly looking backwards rather than forwards. As a fan base we're always talking about how we're a big club that deserve to be at the top table. We're not. It's been a long time since we deserved to dine with the big boys and the sooner we realize that and start planning how to get to the top the better off we'll be.

If that was the case Moyes wouldn't have survived a season, let alone 11, and how the hell Bill Kenwright has survived on the board since 1988 is beyond imagination of other so called fan bases who simply would not tolerate it.

I supect with our players he would play 352.

Pickers
Godders - Keane - Mina
Coleman - Doucs - Allan - Gomes - Digne
DCL - Rico

On a slight side note to this, lot of folks who’ve watched him play are saying that Dumfries is much more suited to RWB...would be interesting to see if that ends up coming to fruition
* not on topic I know but I wonder if the signings ‘lined up’ will have to change or we’ll go for a manager that fits in with the plan (if there is one)

Didnt know he played 442 thats interesting...thought it was always 343.

Thats so off base...

Every team would fly up the league with better players though...

Do you like the way they play?

He seems to have his 3 defenders on the half way line...like Villas Boas.

Then charge back to make 541 so a bit different.

Also he plays 2 centre mids up/down while we usually had 3.

So theres some differences...he seems to be more adventurous. But maybe we would be too with better CBs, a RB and more athletic midfielders...
What did I say that's "off base" mate?

Sure the Italian Lampard thing was a jab like but still. I'm not wrong in the other stuff.

I mean yeah but then you compared the stats to our managers who have had teams absolutely nowhere near as good as the one Pirlo had.

The facts are that he inherited a team that had won 9 league titles on the bounce and got knocked out of the Champions League by a Portuguese side and only just scrambled to qualify for said competition this year.

In the long run Pirlo could be great but atm he's an Italian version of Lampard.
I dont want him mate.

Btw that team he "inherited" needs a total rebuild , he done quite well tbh.

Just someone asked...i just supplied the stats , its pretty easy to find or watch him and his team.
Not come on here.... whats he done why him?

Again....i didnt say i wanted him.

On a slight side note to this, lot of folks who’ve watched him play are saying that Dumfries is much more suited to RWB...would be interesting to see if that ends up coming to fruition
Zat touched on it a little, our wide attacking options are all mostly Aids, very, very bad Aids.

Realistically we need a RW and LW, cos none of the options are worth a spot.

Hamez of course, but he cant be relied upon sadly and personally I see him being moved on.

So 1 way to solve the lack of wide options, is to just not use them.

But Outs will determine Ins, as I keep saying, numbers wise, RB aside, we are sitting on a good number of players, we simply need to remove bad players and replace with good.

Moyes and Benitez will both have the same issue in that if they don’t hit the ground running then the fans are going to have ZERO patience with them

That’s not not conducive to stability, which is what we need right now if there genuinely is a long term plan

Status
Not open for further replies.