New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please explain why Pirlo is a good idea.

What did he do as Juventus boss that impressed you?

Ive posted about it several times in this thread already...search away.

Pirlo the player was peerless, Pirlo the manager will work for Sky Italia within 2 years.

Hes already worked for Sky Italia.

I've seen the whole Everton squad in person back at the Alex Young testimonial and not asked one to pose for a photo. So a photo with Pirlo? No thanks

It was a joke...and a better one than your attempt at that.

What has Pirlo done as a manager that makes you want him?

Search my previous posts today in this very thread.

Dunc is a caretaker manager, a quick burst of energy and that's that
Exactly this. We would get a 5-10 bounce out of him then the honeymoon would be over as quick as it started.

Let him go and have a crack at Palace then in a couple of years we will see.

I am with most people posting in this thread, I don’t want a Gerrard or Moyes, I want a world class manager to follow the world class manager we just lost. I don’t think that finishing 10th is in any way a reflection on Ancelotti, while a great manager can make average players better he can’t make average players winners. He certainly can’t make the bunch of lethargic mediocre people we have top four. His worth would have been in who was brought in and who was kept.
The coming months will be defining for the next decade for Everton, bring in a Gerrard or Moyes type when we will be a solid mid table premier team. We will buy tried and tested premier league type players who won’t lose that much but who won’t win that much either.
Bring in a top class man and give him the tools to do the job and we may fulfil the hope. But this being Everton it could go either way.
Simple question mate. You say Ancelotti makes average players better.
Apart from DCL who , in your opinion , improved under Ancelotti?

Theres a search function for a reason.

Champions league and 2 trophies with serious injury problems and an ageing squad.

They need a huge overhaul bar 7 or 8 players.

Look at it in more detail.

Did they need a huge overhaul of the squad last season when they pissed the league? Injuries is a poor excuse when you consider this is a team that has won NINE on the bounce previous to his appointment, at which point they didn’t just miss out on the title, they actually finished FOURTH

Status
Not open for further replies.