New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Dunc but if he really has aspirations to manage us one day then now is absolutely the time for him to leave and cut his teeth in the lower leagues. It's getting a bit silly forcing him on everyone as an assistant. He'd be much better off learning how to be the man in charge elsewhere.
Gerrard can be Benitez's assistant and Ferguson can go and manage Rangers.

Everyone is a winner...

Because I'm a Blue and couldn't care less about RS fans. But their club isn't imposing Moyes so it's academic anyway. I think you are confusing your allegiances.
.not confusing them at all just looking at the answer you have given as being ,,"because I'm a Blue" and failing to understand how you cannot see the very obvious inference in both sentiments being relative to the vitriol which is being displayed by you and other posters here

Wouldnt have been my first choice...however he clearly has the balls and confidence to think he can be successful. He clearly isnt in it for the money, because he quite simply doesnt need it......
Conclusion...Nobody in their right mind goes into such a High Profile job without belief. He will be aware of the resentment over the appointment and yet he still wants to take the job on...fair play to him...he gets my support because he will be the manager of Everton
he went to China mate.....what else is that about apart from money

There are loads of managers around. We could pretty much get anyone we want, aside from a select few, for the money we can offer.

If that was the case why is Palace appointing Viera?

Why are Spurs appointing a bloke who Wolves deemed not good enough to take them forward?

Its complete conjecture with no evidence that there are top managers available at the moment.

Benitez has won 3 trophies in the last 10 years - Everton haven't won ONE trophy in 26 years.

I just dont get where this snobbish mentality has come from in the fanbase when Ancelotti aside our last 4 managers have been El Loco, Koeman, Silva and kin Alladyce.

I don't like this the same as most of us, however, history suggests only ex players win things at everton. We don't have an ex player who is ready to manage us. I would love a dunc & cahill management team one day. But not since moyes have we even come close to having a manager who truly 'gets the club'.

At least with Rafael, he knows what it means to the people of Liverpool who go to the game every week. He knows what the club means, especially to local supporters. He knows Derby games inside out. Like it or not he's the closest we've got to an ex player in terms of knowing what the supporters expect from the players in terms of commitment etc.

It might be easy for me to say this, as I live miles away and have no local ties to the club, but I want us to succeed as much as any evertonian. Give him a chance, and if we continue to be a shambles then give it to him with both barrels. But for now support our club, you never know he might surprise us......

Mad isn't it. What is he actually doing there.

He’s on the development side of things, which would be a good role to have if we ever brought young players through anymore

Believe he was helping Gordon big time when he went to Preston - came back for analysis, individual sessions - mind

By all accounts, he’s good at what he does, Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.