New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, having an opinion on a manager is different to telling someone they are right or wrong for expressing that view. I know you don't do nuance, but there is a difference.

Ancelotti got the benefit of the doubt from the fans because of his calibre and because he was likeable.

Employing a 61 year old, who plays attritional football and has a well documented history of falling out with the boards, players, fans of clubs he's managed because he's a petty self interested man - whose most recent achievements have been being unceremoniously sacked from clubs and managing in China aren't something fans are likely to be excited about.

I just think its OTT mate when a ball hasnt been kicked yet.

People compare him to Alladyce bloody Alladyce hasn't won a raffle this bloke has won titles and trophies - yes he's likely past his best but he could still come in and do a good job just as much as a Nuno could have come in and done a good job.

We don't have a crystal ball so why not wait and judge on the results? Surely thats the logical thing to do when lets be honest we dont have many class managers knocking down our door for the job do we?

You think he went to China because he didn’t need the money ? Everyone wants money and more than they’ve got , it’s why most billionaires avoid tax .
Yes i do...what about the challenge of managing a football team on a different continent in a different enviroment and testing yourself

Wouldnt have been my first choice...however he clearly has the balls and confidence to think he can be successful. He clearly isnt in it for the money, because he quite simply doesnt need it......
Conclusion...Nobody in their right mind goes into such a High Profile job without belief. He will be aware of the resentment over the appointment and yet he still wants to take the job on...fair play to him...he gets my support because he will be the manager of Everton
There’s belief and there’s delusion.

People compare him to Alladyce bloody Alladyce hasn't won a raffle this bloke has won titles and trophies - yes he's likely past his best but he could still come in and do a good job just as much as a Nuno could have come in and done a good job.

We don't have a crystal ball so why not wait and judge on the results? Surely thats the logically thing to do when lets be honest we dont have many class managers knocking down our door for the job do we?

i couldn’t stand sam but I can see why the owner facing what he thought was a real threat of relegation made that decision on a temporary basis , I don’t necessarily agree with it but I get it . This I simply cannot fathom

Just having a blimp at the Echo article that's just gone up regarding Benitez arriving at FF. It's pretty incredible how reds will be so quick to flood the comments section on every Everton-related article lol

Plenty of 'Agent Rafael' shouts this morning...

We don't have a crystal ball so why not wait and judge on the results? Surely thats the logical thing to do when lets be honest we dont have many class managers knocking down our door for the job do we?
There are loads of managers around. We could pretty much get anyone we want, aside from a select few, for the money we can offer.

The more ex-players come out against Benitez getting the job the more I'm slowly coming round to the idea. Kenwright and his happy-clapper brigade of journos, ex-players and certain sections of supporters are so dead-set against this but have been completely blanked. It seems Moshiri's had enough of their crap input and is going it alone.

The man's made mistakes but he's put more into this club than the "greatest Evertonian" has in 20+ years. Without him there'd be no BMD and we'd still have Elstone running the club day-to-day, trying to sign the Leroy Fer's of the world for a Mars Bar. I'm all for Farhad finally waking up and throwing off the "People's Club" mantra once and for all. No more spineless mediocrity.

Benitez isn't my pick but it's always been purely for football-related reasons, I just don't think he's got much to offer a club that wants to win trophies and qualify for Europe in 2021. I'd love to be wrong.

really because my information is
He's played differently at every club he's been at.

He has coaches all around the world which give him feedback and they talk about new coaching methods and styles.

Madrid terminated his 3 year contract after 7 months because of how unpopular madrid fans were with his style of play.
Getting thumped 4-0 at home by Barca never helped mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.