New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
banners at goodison it is then
Genuinely fine with banners.
The Martinez protest was a perfect example. People made their feelings very clear, peacefully, and without abuse as I recall. And the club acted almost straight after.

It's what's on the banners that's the problem here. And in this instance, where it is

That banner is absolutely grim, the ones at Goodison I can just about live with apart from the personal stuff on them but at his home is just properly Kopite behaviour.

We've all obviously had a while to think this through and thats maybe the clubs plan, give it a couple of weeks after its fairly obvious he will join to let the initial fume die down a bit.

It has felt that the club respond to fans fairly swiftly- Allardyce finishing 8th and then getting the boot was definitely down to fans wanting him moved on for example. We've had the view that as a club we are too nice, run a great charity but not ruthless enough at times on the football side of things.

We've tried the big name- Koeman, we've tried the up and coming coach- Silva, We've tried the big name successful manager- Ancelotti. None of them have worked out. It looks like the club have interviewed Benetiz extensively and have decided that it should work- its a big call and everyone is assuming it will go wrong but a lot of us thought previous appointments would go well.

You look at Chelsea and how the fans reacted to Lampard being sacked- it was ruthless by Abramovich but they finished in the top 4 and won the Champions league. Benetiz appointment is fairly ruthless, it isnt the easy option to go and get a run of the mill manager that may have a small compensation package like Potter or an available Eddie Howe its someone that will need to prove himself from day one otherwise the fans will be on him- the fans will be on him anyway so even more so.

I dont want Benetiz, I cant bear to see him in the dugout in Everton gear but who knows it may bring us some success although at the moment I cant think that it will.

What a lot of hyperbolic, head-on-fire guff. There's a million miles between booing him and sending death threats - it's impossible to calculate for the extremists.

Someone should collar the lads who wrote this, tell them how counter-productive it is, then get back to making sure the fat Kopite rat is under no illusion that he shouldn't be the everton manager without threatening violence.

Don't fall for it people. This how dissent is suppressed.
Players getting told to k'off and the lad who punched the player, with his son in his arms, are not one and the same although both a form of abuse.

Players getting told to k'off and shouting racist abuse are not and the same although both are a form of abuse.

As you say, there's a fairly large spectrum of what is acceptable or right and wrong and these actions are clearly the latter. It's not a binary argument.

You know why they've dragged all this out so long and delayed the official announcement don't you? Its all so they can release the new home kit for next season and probably throw in some stadium news for us to lap up the day before they official confirm it. Kin' hell, the contempt that the people at the top of this club holds us fans in is nothing short of staggering.

"Look Everton fans! Look at the shiny, shiny, positive news! Everything calm and positive!"
No longer a club, just a big business like the rest of the big names.

Whoever wrote that sign needs locking up. Vile behaviour.

Absolutely - there are laws in place to do so. But people who are saying that being anti-Benitez makes us "worse than Kopites" are treacherous backsliders.

Remember: for those on the Benitez teet - and there are many, there is plenty of room - the sole goal is getting him appointed as Everton boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.