New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Joe Royle had been properly backed the second half of the 90s would’ve been a completely different story that’s for sure

I loved big joe but he had two world class wingers in limpar and kanchelskis and was to scared to play them together often enough. Done my head in when he kept benching limpar. Surprising aswell as limpar virtualy ran the whole game v spurs at elland road so royle knew what he had.
I liked royle but i think he just fell short of being a really good manager away from the loved being the underdogs thing. He knew how to get his teams up for those games. Oldham suited him down to the ground.

I loved big joe but he had two world class wingers in limpar and kanchelskis and was to scared to play them together often enough. Done my head in when he kept benching limpar. Surprising aswell as limpar virtualy ran the whole game v spurs at elland road so royle knew what he had.
I liked royle but i think he just fell short of being a really good manager away from the loved being the underdogs thing. He knew how to get his teams up for those games. Oldham suited him down to the ground.
Still, Big Joe gave me some of the happiest memories of my childhood beating Spurs and Utd in 95. And the derby wins.

I don't know, but I've been getting rinsed about benitez constantly. Asking if I'm excited for the football I'll get to watch.
I lived in Newcastle for several years. Can honestly say, they’re the thickest set of fans I’ve ever met. A seemingly intelligent and sound lads brain would turn to mush as soon as they started any football chat. Which is a shame as they barely talk about anything else.

I'll be honest though if Fat Rafael is the man for the job he'll get my backing.

Got to see how he does - WHU fans hated Moist until this sesson and now they love the bloke.

Dont think our fans will ever love Benitez but if he snuck us into Europe I dont think you can stay mad at him.
Please stop calling him that

Still, Big Joe gave me some of the happiest memories of my childhood beating Spurs and Utd in 95. And the derby wins.

Absolutely. That was his time. The club was on its knees(sound familiar?)
And he was perfect at the time. The dogs of war had its place then.
The derby wins is part of what frustrated me as you look at that game and its limpar feeding kanchelskis.
I dont think joe really knew what he had at the time. They were world class wingers.

I lived in Newcastle for several years. Can honestly say, they’re the thickest set of fans I’ve ever met. A seemingly intelligent and sound lads brain would turn to mush as soon as they started any football chat. Which is a shame as they barely talk about anything else.
Some are decent and knowledgeable enough really. They probably think similar about our fans, especially if they look in here.

Potter would be a good choice but only if we're prepared to be patient and accepting he'll make a couple screw ups. And not sure we've got that in us unless you have the track record of an Ancelotti.

Status
Not open for further replies.