New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. He had a net spend of -£11m during his stay at Newcastle. So he took over a crap side and was given no money, and still got them up and left them much better than he joined.
Seriously, net spend? We aren't kopites. He spent a tonne of money and got them up from the championship. That's not impressive when he had a budget much bigger than nearly all the clubs he was up against.

Imagine for a moment, that at least half the match going blues do not react as you predict. I think most Evertonians realise that we've got big problems with that squad, so I think he will get a grace period, maybe not as long as somebody else.
Also, he's an excellent manager. What about the spirit he develops inhis sides. Istanbul, that Newcastle side coming from two down against us to win, that's not luck, he builds strong sides.
He's not an excellent manager and hasn't been for some time.

I'm now imagining your hypothetical scenario where half of the crowd don't react as I suspect. In that scenario, the other half, about 18,000 people will be booing, shouting, leaving early, not turning up at all, basically making their displeasure known if there is a bad run of form, poor play, defensive tactics or just because it's Benitez on the touchline. Toxic. No upside.

P.S. He relegated Newcastle, they were one point from safety when he took over, he didn't even get a dead cat bounce.

Sorry , but lol.
He is the financial leader for one of the richest people in Europe in Usmanov. So he's not very good with money ?.
Sorry mate , imo , that is simply ridiculous.
The cult of Mosh is strong tonight. He gave Allardyce 14 million pounds to "save" us from being relegated. When it comes to football he's anything but a leading brain.

But why are they not relevant if his other past is?

And in the last 10 years, he is nowhere to be seen.

Couldn't care less about what he said years ago, but I live in Newcastle, and his football was atrocious. And don't even bother banging on about how he wasn't backed, he spent £157m in 6 windows and was still dire. He then left to China and was just as abysmal. His style is awful.
I hate Rafael.
But that is simply not correct mate

A positive of Benitez becoming our manager is that he would need to be backed in the transfer window. With half of the fan base against him already surely Moshiri can’t send him into next season with the squad we have now.

part of me has accepted it will be Benitez now. I’m not against it just apprehensive of another season of defensive football. I just want it all resolved now so we can move on. Seems a never ending cycle over the past 5 years.
A positive is he'll waste a lot of money?

A positive of Benitez becoming our manager is that he would need to be backed in the transfer window. With half of the fan base against him already surely Moshiri can’t send him into next season with the squad we have now.

part of me has accepted it will be Benitez now. I’m not against it just apprehensive of another season of defensive football. I just want it all resolved now so we can move on. Seems a never ending cycle over the past 5 years.

Mosh and Uncle Uzzi need to dig deep and back the manager. Need Brands to get rid of some of the deadwood.

Goodison is going to be idyllic next season with all the idiots gone.

Can't wait! I don't particularly want Rafael, but like any manager of Everton he'll have my backing until it becomes clear that it's not working out. We'll see what happens in that respect.

But any Evertonian who will essentially self-sabotage the club by withdrawing their support for petty comments made over a decade ago can do one, quite frankly. It's small time, bitter and stupid. We'd have lapped those comments up if our manager had made them. And what's more, he was bang on the money at the time. We played like a small team. He called it out.

Anyway - as I said - I don't really want him. Sooner have Nuno, Potter, Galtier or Favre. But if bringing him in forces some of the mindless bitter idiots who seemingly "support" this club to either stay away or reevaluate their life choices, then I'm all for it.
May as well just go and get Allardyce back, get the same results with slightly less aggro. Benitez is undeniably the worst appointment of all the linked names we could make at this point,

He's not an excellent manager and hasn't been for some time.

I'm now imagining your hypothetical scenario where half of the crowd don't react as I suspect. In that scenario, the other half, about 18,000 people will be booing, shouting, leaving early, not turning up at all, basically making their displeasure known if there is a bad run of form, poor play, defensive tactics or just because it's Benitez on the touchline. Toxic. No upside.

P.S. He relegated Newcastle, they were one point from safety when he took over, he didn't even get a dead cat bounce.
You may be right that he is never given a chance. We'll see, let's hope you're wrong. It's not a foregone conclusion that he gets that reaction, by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.