New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pros and cons to Martinez. I think he will have learnt since 2016 I'm sure. Does he have unfinished business? Maybe.

But question marks on the training remain. Wasn't he not interested in set pieces? Didn't Baines have issues near the end? Distin as well. Players downing tools. Some of the final games were excruciating but I didn't want him gone for a long while until the time of the derby. If he'd have gone that week we might have done better in the semi.

The flipside is he would have money to spend and he will be working with a DoF to cut out the Alcatraz's. The first season was the best football for years and it's been pretty dismal since apart from the end of the first season with Silva (Arsenal, Chelsea Man Utd scalps).

I'm not saying we should get Martinez I don't know who we should get one thing is for sure every bloody manager will be devisive and have fans arguing with fans. Apart from maybe a Frenchman or an Italian that I don't think we'll get.

Jorge Mendes clients -

Mourinho
Gattuso
Nuno

He also used to represent Fonseca.

Look at who Spurs are being linked with.
Yes but Spurs have more quality options than us, Romano mentioned Valverde, Ten Hag and others today. If Nuno goes there good luck to him we shouldn't just be choosing between him and Rafael anyway... But I would take Nuno every day if it's between the two.

My first choice would be a proven manager at the top of his game....... i.e. Conte

IF that isn`t possible the new manager must demonstrate good success or over achieving expectations at their current or most recent club or clubs.... Galtier/Gallardo/Marcelino?

Is that not the sort of thought process our owners should be going through.

I'm sure they have/did. But you don't know what factors stop those from even progressing.

Galtier having that compo fee of £9mill for example. Think you have to be 100% wanting to give him the job to do that.

Jorge Mendes clients -

Mourinho
Gattuso
Nuno

He also used to represent Fonseca.

Look at who Spurs are being linked with.
I'm hoping for Stevie Gerrard. What you think? Top young managerial talent clearly, but would it sit well with either side of the red-blue divide?

I think he'd get death threats / bullets in the posts from reds myself. Which makes it unrealistic.

Nah, he never played for Liverpool, but just reading his name reminds me of the Fa Cup when it was still good !
Kilcline wasnt it ? Their skipper ?
Nev saved one of his pennos once.

Heads to oldies thread.

Met Kilcline and Trevor Peake at the opening of a new sports shop in Rugby. Just bought a new shirt (see below) and he asked me if I wanted it signing, I didn’t really know what to say so he just grabbed it and signed it.

To this day I don’t know if he thought it was a Cov city shirt. Luckily his scribble came out after a few washes.

4A1C1E24-AECE-4AA9-A25C-33E162E939C7.jpeg

anyway back on topic, Benitez not in.

Status
Not open for further replies.