New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evertonian's fixated on Benitez not winning a trophy for 7 years when we haven't won one for 26 years. lol

tenor.gif

This would be an abysmal decision which shows a complete lack of regard for the fan base. We need to be united behind a manager, and sure, there isn’t really one name that grips everyone, but everyone would be giving Nuno, Potter etc a chance. Thousands of minds will be made up before this fella steps in the door.

Biggest eyeopener for me regarding all this is not that we would appoint him but the worrying amount of spineless gits we have supporting us.

State of you, rushing to defend "Rafael" whilst having a pop at the club at the same time. "He didn't mean it" "He is so successful, Everton are crap and have not won stuff for years" etc.

Utterly harrowing stuff.
Works both ways mate. There’s hundreds on here and thousands on Twitter, who still support kenwright

See. Not 'we'... 'you're'.

And I'm the idiot.

Not we no. Because the majority here don't want benitez anywhere near the club.

Theres one or two special cases like yourself who would rather accept getting Benitez in than face the reality of the mess Moshiri has put us in. Benitez!!!! If I'd have suggested it a few weeks back people like you would have laughed, said no chance an probably made out I'm a kppite for suggesting it.

Benitez. There's literally no lower for us to sink if we appoint him but people like you think it's sound.

Biggest eyeopener for me regarding all this is not that we would appoint him but the worrying amount of spineless gits we have supporting us.

State of you, rushing to defend "Rafael" whilst having a pop at the club at the same time. "He didn't mean it" "He is so successful, Everton are crap and have not won stuff for years" etc.

Utterly harrowing stuff.
There are support groups that may help. As much as he might have hurt feelings, Rafael was right.

And what? You could easily argue Ancelotti was finished by entertaining the Everton job, he's just gone to Real Madrid.

The only logical argument against Benitez is that he chose to go to China, indicating his ambition has gone. Every other argument is stupid - his track record as a manager is fantastic, he's highly respected in the game, I don't give a toss if he played to the audience with small club comment and I give even less of a toss about him managing Liverpool as long as he does a good job here.

If Klopp called us a bunch of bells tomorrow and wanted the job a day after, you'd obviously take him. It's a business; Benitez fits the mold for what we're trying to do.

Ask yourself this, even if in 12 months from now he's binned, the last two managers of Everton are Carlo Ancelotti and Rafael Benitez, instead of Sam Allardyce and Eddie Howe. If you can't see the difference in stature in those names and how it benefits the Everton brand then I can't really help you.
Ancelotti had just left Napoli, Benitez has been unemployed since a stint at a no mark Chinese club. Where he did poorly. You can claim equivalency if you want but it's not even close.

Apparently he meant we were a small team rather than club because we sat back with everyone behind the ball. To be fair Moyes' record away to the top clubs was utterly abysmal like.

And he was right. There's no point being offended by it - for years we just clung on happy to exist. I couldn't be less arsed about his comments, and this isn't just because he's heavily linked, I said the same before when he wasn't.

If Benitez is appointed I definitely believe moshiris fingerprints are all over this decision. Like others have mentioned he's been fixated on procuring a big name manager but unfortunately due to his lack of footballing knowledge he doesn't comprehend what one actually is ( excluding ancelotti). Need a manager suited for developing and honing a squad like favre, galtier, or kovac'

Status
Not open for further replies.