New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
problem is we cant attract 3-4 decent replacements without a strong manager. Certainly not with Benitez and Nuno, yesterdays men.
Think the lack of European football is the big stumbling block. Ancelotti managed to get two to follow him and let's be honest we weren't fighting other clubs off for them. If Conti took the job we wouldn't be signing any starters from Inter.

He's a has been as a manager. Regardless of any rs links . His past 5 seasons have been finishing around 12th in the league with Newcastle and then 2 seasons in China.
At Newcastle he was not backed as a manager should be. He did very well with what he was given.

Yes it was a bit strange. Everyone knew he would only be at Everton six months but still got an 18 month contract. Nice work if you can get it

Mad thing was, and I am in no way a fan, if he had of kicked on and tried to play proper, you never know, he might have earned a new contract.

But no. He did what he was hired to do.

Personally when we appoint a new manager I'd really like to fist pump the air with excitement, not go and kick the cat in disappointment.
Even the discussions about Nuno, Benitez and Howe are boring!

….I’m afraid the fist pumping appointments haven’t work. We just need an appointment that works but I genuinely don’t know who that is.

I dont really remember people moaning about beardsley. Opposite tbh. We stole him for a very good price even back then and most knew it. I still know liverpool fans pissed at souness over that.

Bill Shankly said a lot bad things about Everton when he managed the RS, when he was not allowed to go to RS training ground, we allowed him to come to ours. If Rafael was appointed and did well the past would be forgotten.

He would have Martinez back. Realism isn’t an operating parameter.
Don't honestly think that,he is right in his assertion that the last decent run of good effective football we ever watched was under Martinez.
And there wouldn't be a chance he'd come back anyway. Good Euros and he'll be set for a big job in Spain or Italy.

Conte might be like that Italian player (name forgotten) who signed for one of the Manchester clubs, and was surprised (horrified) to find they weren't in London. At least Nuno knows where Everton is, unlike Conte who would need a map.
Or our nearly signed Brazilian who thought Liverpool was a tax free zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.