New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately this is Nuno’s go-to style of football and not high energy, high pressing counter attacking that you’re describing the likes of Klopp and Tuchel using.

I seem to remember going to Molineux the season before last and us barely able to get a kick of the ball as they dismantled us 3-0. Nothing crab like about that.

If he read this forum he wouldn't want to.

Never seen so much bellyaching from people in my life. The hilarious thing is that they think they're complaints are going to be taken into consideration...with some of them even believing Brands the nodding dog will be their saviour and stop it happening!!!

Me, I'm absolutely fine with a manager who got a club like Wolves to two 7th place finishes and won well over half his games when in charge of Porto and Valencia.

Maybe others have more exacting standards in their demands for Mancini and Conte...and believe more than I do that those type of manager's will consider coming here.

He a alright manager but my issue with this is the board.

Nuno would 100% not be in the running for manager if he was still at wolves. So why are we going after him?

Nuno isn't the best manager for everton hes just another boring average manager who's available in a long line of boring managers who are just available. There is no way on earth that our board has gotten together and looked at all of the data and come to the conclusion that nuno is the manager to take everton forward.

What it feels like to me is mendes has been on the phone and blagged his client a fat contract because our owner is a idiot who only ever wants the new shiny thing.

Koeman btw got Southampton 7th and 6th and he was a absolute disaster.

It'll just be another 18 months of boring, crap, uninspiring, defensive, defend for your lives and hope to nick a goal football until he sacked and he will get sacked because it looks like he coming into the job with one foot in the grave so the fans are going to turn on him at the first sign of a bad patch.

I wanted galtier because he ticked all the boxes for me but if we're going to be crap why not just get potter in and play good football while we're crap.

I'm sick of boring football where the ends definitely don't justify the means, I'm sick of everton not having a direction, I'm sick of the club being ran by a bunch of idiots who seem to be just winging it and I'm sick of newly promoted sides coming up and finishing above us just to compound how crap we are.

We are run by idiots and appointing nuno is another idiot decision made by idiots so that is why I can't get behind him coming in as manager.

Hold on, after his first two seasons in the PL with Wolves almost every other club outside the 'top 6' would have been happy to have him. They played good counter attacking football.
What people like you are doing is emphasising his final season just because you want a Mancini or Galtier or some other out of reach manager.
I dont want Nuno because I don’t think he will get us higher then 10th. I don’t believe the players will rally behind him and he won’t get anything more then Ancelotti did out of these players. he will keep the same rubbish players playing week in and out and within weeks they down tools and he likes having a very small squad.
Galtier seems getable seems like he can build a squad and team and can smash a glass ceiling

Yes, there are 11 players on each team on a football field. It is actually not very difficult to coordinate a high pressure when you are the boss of a bunch of top athletes. There are many ways to do this, and there are actually teams with far worse players than us who do this quite well.

Yes this season our athleticism was there for all to see. I as I said was and will be a season ticket holder and drink in a bar owned by an ex-Valencia player. Valencia's troubles are a crazy owner not a coach like Nuno.

Hold on, after his first two seasons in the PL with Wolves almost every other club outside the 'top 6' would have been happy to have him. They played good counter attacking football.

I dont want Nuno because I don’t think he will get us higher then 10th. I don’t believe the players will rally behind him and he won’t get anything more then Ancelotti did out of these players. he will keep the same rubbish players playing week in and out and within weeks they down tools and he likes having a very small squad.
Galtier seems getable seems like he can build a squad and team and can smash a glass ceiling
How long have you know about Galtier?

Since when was counterattacking football a bad thing? It’s Klopp’s go to style, United play it, Chelsea switch to it against big opponents, Dortmund have played that way for ages.

You need a ridiculous amount of quality to play football that dominates the opponent and keeps you permanently on the front foot. Maybe City Bayern Madrid can play that way, but without their quality we are more likely to end up like Brighton almost getting relegated playing a way they’re not good enough to carry out.

After watching us since Martinez’s first season, I’d back any manager that can implement any style of football effectively other than slow shuffling crab like nothingness which we’ve had for years.
It is about creating imbalance and exploiting the imbalance of the opposing team. All teams do it.

But the point is that the closer to the goal, and the more central in the field you win the ball / opponent in imbalance, the greater the probability of scoring goals.

Dortmund rarely defend themselves for long periods right outside the penalty area - as we did last year - but usually have a much higher pressure. When they win the ball, it goes directly and vertically (along the ground).

What people like you are doing is emphasising his final season just because you want a Mancini or Galtier or some other out of reach manager.
Dave , usually enjoy you posts but you are wrong about Nuno and specifically Egils post which set out in detail his perfectly reasonable objections to this guy .
Surprisingly for you as apostle of Martinez you haven't even acknowledged the legitimate concerns that many of us have about the ultra defensive turgid fare that Santa served up throughout his time in the Prem.

I seem to remember going to Molineux the season before last and us barely able to get a kick of the ball as they dismantled us 3-0. Nothing crab like about that.

This has been done already. They didn’t “dismantle” us, it was one of the worst games of football that’s ever been played up until we gave them a soft penalty in first half stoppage time. Then they scored from a free kick hoofed into the box 30 seconds into the second half and it was game over. They didn’t exactly play the scintillating football that people have convinced they did just because they look at a score line and see 3-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.