never win anything with kids...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holgate has been on the bench or the starting XI in every single game this season...
So he's very much pushing for a place at the moment. I'd have no issue with him getting some game time. Trouble is we're usually chasing the game so unless there's an injury he's not getting on much. I do think Coleman has shown more effort of late which maybe cos Holgate is pushing him.
Davies shoud get some chances in my opinion. Clev and McCarthy have had plenty of chances. Why not give him 20 mins here and there.

How can Davies and Holgate be the answer when the problem lies elsewhere in the team.

The priorities are:

A new centre-half, maybe two
A couple of attackers/midfielders (out wide)
obviously a keeper as well.

Right now I'd be filling in the team sheet as follows..

1. Gana
2. Romelu
3 and 4 Coleman and Baines
5. err - the best Keeper we have, not obvious
6. Barry (cos the rest of them are shot to pieces/injured) - maybe Davies at a push
7 and 8 two centre halves - unfortunately that's RFM and Williams atm

err.. I dunno, give in..

Might work for a couple of weeks then it'd turn out we're even worse than we currently are and the fans will lynch them for it.

If we had amazing quality waiting in the wings then they'd be playing. As it happens we've probably got a few decent youngsters that might go onto make a good living from the game.

..I'm always reticent about throwing youth players in but I have used the same phrase lots today - 'moving deck chairs on the Titanic'. The manager is not getting the best out of who he has so when it comes to playing one or two kids into the starting line up I'm in.

Very unlike me.

The priorities are:

1. Gana
2. Romelu
6. Barry (cos the rest of them are shot to pieces/injured) - maybe Davies at a push

err.. I dunno, give in..[/QUOTE]
So you'd keep Coleman and baines, who have been utter dog
For 18 months.

The pair of them can't defend to save their lives. And even going forward they offer nowhere near as much, as some would have you believe

How can Davies and Holgate be the answer when the problem lies elsewhere in the team.

The priorities are:

1. Gana
2. Romelu

err.. I dunno, give in..

1+2 ok
3+4 lol

Why is everyone flapping about putting Holgate and Davies in the team? Its a no brainer.
You have a side that is short of skill, confidence, imagination, heart, passion, legs, brain.
Even if both of them players offer one, just one of the above then its an improvement, Its not like we are asking for a player plucked from the U18s who has never even trained with the first team
Both have not let us down on the very short time they have been called upon, so why not. In fact right now Holgate looks like the best defender at the club.

I would rather see kids outclassed but give there all
Than seniors outclassed and give Fck all....

How many premier league games have we lost when he has played mate?

zero - that wasn't my point - I think he should be playing.

My point was the OP had said get them on the bench, but that's where they have been - as in they've already been involved in the squad all season.

zero - that wasn't my point - I think he should be playing.

My point was the OP had said get them on the bench, but that's where they have been - as in they've already been involved in the squad all season.

never said nowt about the bench mate, I would put them right into the starting side, what I have watched for the last month or so is so bad I would expect to be paid to see them play.

No balls, no fight, no passion, certainly not Everton and definately not NSNO. Getting bossed all over the pitch by sides who on paper have much less talented side than ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.