Need some rules enlightenment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should definately have gone. The Villa luck continues but it's incredibly heartening that even with so many attacking players sidelined we still bossed a team that the media have been creaming about all season. I've been wanting the lads to put them back in their box ever since we gifted the win before Christmas having dominated them again that day, and this performance did the job very nicely indeed.

The red card can only be given if he stops a goalscoring chance. The referee allowed play to go on, we scored, so he didnt prevent a goal. I sure Jack is glad that he never stopped play.

The red card can only be given if he stops a goalscoring chance. The referee allowed play to go on, we scored, so he didnt prevent a goal. I sure Jack is glad that he never stopped play.

First of all it did stop a goal scoring chance no doubt.

Play went on and we did score but really we were slighted by the Villians not being a player down. I enjoyed Rodwells first. But it sounds like if he had missed we would have had a penalty and a man advantage also.

A similar thing happened when the RS played Chelsea in the Champions League semi a few years ago. Cech pulled someone down right infront of goal and the referee said he would have sent him off had Garcia not 'scored'.

Status
Not open for further replies.