2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
What have any of his chances against Wigan got to do whether we play a potter system or any other system. Last season plenty of good balls went into the box that he was nowhere near that other strikers would thrive off, he also got on the end of chances and absolutely fluffed everyone apart from 1 against West Ham he’s utter 💩

Because we don't judge players off one game but many games to determine their quality? Overall Maupay has been very poor for us, both under Dyche and under Lampard. At Brighton and Brentford he showed that at the very least he's a decent PL player in the right system/team. He just doesn't suit us and he should definitely leave but I wouldn't be surprised if he popped up at a different club and scored a few goals for them.

Because we don't judge players off one game but many games to determine their quality? Overall Maupay has been very poor for us, both under Dyche and under Lampard. At Brighton and Brentford he showed that at the very least he's a decent PL player in the right system/team. He just doesn't suit us and he should definitely leave but I wouldn't be surprised if he popped up at a different club and scored a few goals for them.
He played many games last season in 2 different systems tbf im not sure what either of them systems are but what I do know is he didn’t fit either not sure what system he would fit and when we signed him I thought he could be good for a few goals maybe 5-6 no chance he gets that many in a season. I hope he doesn’t even get 5-6 minutes this season he’s next to useless being on the pitch. Having to sit and watch him play and then look at such a poor bench warm up at half time along with how bad we’re run was torture last season.

He played many games last season in 2 different systems tbf im not sure what either of them systems are but what I do know is he didn’t fit either not sure what system he would fit and when we signed him I thought he could be good for a few goals maybe 5-6 no chance he gets that many in a season. I hope he doesn’t even get 5-6 minutes this season he’s next to useless being on the pitch. Having to sit and watch him play and then look at such a poor bench warm up at half time along with how bad we’re run was torture last season.

I think people are misinterpreting my posts as me wanting to keep him, I don't.

Surely there is a Saudi club willing to pay 150 million for the unique talents of Neal. I'd even give them a discount and not his true value to seal the deal.

5fh.gif

At least the signing of Danjuma means he may fall down the pecking order.
According to reports . He is quick, strong and can play as a left sided striker. You would need players like McNeil and Garner breaking in support though.
Still hopeful of a proper centre forward coming in , in the next few weeks, so we don't have to rely on DCL fitness

xG is pointless, xG without context is pointless though.

We were 3-0 up at half time and could well have been 5 up at half time.

It's good for feeling how good the chances each team created were in most normal games of footy, but that Brighton game wasn't a normal one. We just completely smoked them.

Also things like game state to consider if people want to get real nerdy with it.

We were ruthless with our chances to go 3-0 up after 35 minutes, we're not a possession side away from home ergo, we're obviously going to concede chances in the second half as our job is essentially done attacking-wise.

I hear Calabria is a lovely part of the world, Neil. It's just up the road from Salerna.

You could live on the Amalfi coast. Don't know why you'd not want to move there.

…I don’t get this ‘he doesn’t suit us’ or ‘we don’t suit him’ excuses. His basic performances have been abominably poor, which is nothing to do with tactics or formation.

…I don’t get this ‘he doesn’t suit us’ or ‘we don’t suit him’ excuses. His basic performances have been abominably poor, which is nothing to do with tactics or formation.
My biggest qualm isn’t even his play. I just cannot believe how uncoordinated he is at his height. Niasse made it work at times but Maupay takes the brain farts of Richarlison, the height of Veratti and combines them with the absence of coordination of a Niasse/Straq to create the most abominable footballer we have seen in quite some time.

Omar's smile was just amazing...

He would miss an open goal, grimace and then smile, and I would be "No problem man, next time"...

Maupay misses an open goal, grimace and I would just be swearing non-stop...
Oumar was a terrible footballer but give him a chance in the box and he scored some goals. His play outside the box let him down. He is miles better than Maupey and Maupey has a locker!!

Status
Not open for further replies.