2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
A reliable source and several impeccable respected links say he is on his way to Celtic to prove he can score regularly against suitable opposition. A biggish fee of 10.5 mill is mooted.
I know nothing about the way Celtic do business, but they’re between managers right now.

I wouldn’t get too excited at the prospect just yet.

Whilst it hasn’t worked out for him here, it doesn’t half annoy me how our midfielders play when Calvert Lewin is upfront v when Maupay Simms or Gray are up there.

The pen against Leicester for example. That’s a decent ball over the top of the defence into DCL that has nothing to do with DCL’s height or aerial ability. Yet you just don’t see those types of balls from the midfield when any other striker is upfront for us. Maupay would offer himself by making runs and they were just continuously ignored. Even simple things like balls in the channel to chase or balls over the top to turn the defence and give Gray or Maupay a race our midfield just stopped bothering with.

It’s like as soon as DCL isn’t playing we revert to trying to score a perfect goal or crossing it in a million times. When he does play we actually play balls a striker would want.

This doesn’t mean Maupay would do anything with them but it’s annoying watching him make runs across the front and the midfielders ignore percentage balls every time.

Whilst it hasn’t worked out for him here, it doesn’t half annoy me how our midfielders play when Calvert Lewin is upfront v when Maupay Simms or Gray are up there.

The pen against Leicester for example. That’s a decent ball over the top of the defence into DCL that has nothing to do with DCL’s height or aerial ability. Yet you just don’t see those types of balls from the midfield when any other striker is upfront for us. Maupay would offer himself by making runs and they were just continuously ignored. Even simple things like balls in the channel to chase or balls over the top to turn the defence and give Gray or Maupay a race our midfield just stopped bothering with.

It’s like as soon as DCL isn’t playing we revert to trying to score a perfect goal or crossing it in a million times. When he does play we actually play balls a striker would want.

This doesn’t mean Maupay would do anything with them but it’s annoying watching him make runs across the front and the midfielders ignore percentage balls every time.
That's because the only race Maupay has ever won, was to the bottom.

I do agree with this but I think some of it is to do with how we play with Dom on the pitch, we are higher up the pitch as he holds the ball up well bringing multiple people in to play opening up passes, this means we attack more consistently and other players are more likely to take risks. Also Maupay has been put through a few times and has been either too slow or lacked composure each time, that obvious lack of quality will sap the other players belief so they prefer to keep possession.

Pathetic excuse of a professional footballer. Really, really hope this talk of am Italian club wanting him is true / any club wanting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.