2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
He scored 1 goal but missed 7 big chances according to the PL website

In fairness, DCL scored 2 goals and missed 6 big chances, so not a good season for Everton centre forwards to say the least.
This is where statistics don't play the full picture. Personally, I think it'd be hard to argue that we didn't look better when Dom was on the pitch.

He made a big difference to how we played overall, and it gave us confidence. When Maupay came on, it was like we were playing with ten men...

... or us with ten men, and they had twelve. He's the modern day Brett Angell.

You’d think his time as a PL player is finished and someone like Leeds or Leicester would pay Everton pennies on the pound for him

This is where statistics don't play the full picture. Personally, I think it'd be hard to argue that we didn't look better when Dom was on the pitch.

He made a big difference to how we played overall, and it gave us confidence. When Maupay came on, it was like we were playing with ten men...

The modern day John Spencer.

A little nark, with no end product.

I'm not comparing the two players at all. A half fit Dom is twice as good as Maupay.

I was just putting the stats out there. While stats only tell part of the story, they do show that we have been extremely poor in front of goal and not been able to score enough goals. Although we don't need stats for that, we've all seen how the season has played out. To be so far below our Xg shows there must be something going wrong in the final third.

I'm happy to keep Dom, just not as the main striker. But I think it's important we move Maupay on and recoup some of the money. There is no role where I see him being effective next year under Dyche. We need 2 new forwards as a priority.

I'm not comparing the two players at all. A half fit Dom is twice as good as Maupay.

I was just putting the stats out there. While stats only tell part of the story, they do show that we have been extremely poor in front of goal and not been able to score enough goals. Although we don't need stats for that, we've all seen how the season has played out. To be so far below our Xg shows there must be something going wrong in the final third.

I'm happy to keep Dom, just not as the main striker. But I think it's important we move Maupay on and recoup some of the money. There is no role where I see him being effective next year under Dyche. We need 2 new forwards as a priority.
This, I suspect will be the case. I really can't see a top team taking a punt on him because of his injuries, while we can't afford to sell him on the cheap.

Maupay will be off, and we will bring somnone else in.

No one is paying anything significant for Maupay such is the genius of our recruitment. More like Nopay.

This, I suspect will be the case. I really can't see a top team taking a punt on him because of his injuries, while we can't afford to sell him on the cheap.

Maupay will be off, and we will bring somnone else in.
If an offer in excess of £10m was to come in for Dom, we'd probably be wise to consider it at this point. But I don't mind keeping him at all, just not as a main striker because that would be absolutely daft at this point.

If an offer in excess of £10m was to come in for Dom, we'd probably be wise to consider it at this point. But I don't mind keeping him at all, just not as a main striker because that would be absolutely daft at this point.
In terms of his actual ability, that would be a massive undervaluation. However, when you consider his injuries it's probably not a too unjustified valuation.

DCL can be a very effective player for us but has to be managed carefully and rotated in and out of the team as he clearly not capable of playing every game. He is a very good player and extremely effective when fit and playing well.

I would rather keep him for the next two seasons and get the best use possible from his rather than selling for a pittance and then spending far more to possibly buy an inferior player.

In terms of his actual ability, that would be a massive undervaluation. However, when you consider his injuries it's probably not a too unjustified valuation.
I think it's probably the best we would get offered, until such time as he puts together a long run of games.

It's arguably better to keep him and limit his minutes, than sell him for £10m though. It will depend on finances, wages, and his long-term fitness prospects.

Two more years 😭

020AF62C-831F-4D56-A0BD-C65564F7E98E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.