2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.

There’s one thing that a striker doea that makes you worry… and that’s not getting chances.
A striker who is getting onto chances will score. Be patient. He’s doing the right things.

As judging by his 1 goal in 20something for us and not for the lack of chances - doubt it. Always a step slower or a hit not good enough.

It might roll in the championship but in the Prem you need your strikers to be reliable/consistent.
He’s been played in a system that hasn’t suited him, and that’s wrecked his confidence.

I’m not excusing him, and I’m certainly not saying he’s brilliant. I’m saying that if his confidence was higher, he’d have scored in that half.

He’s been played in a system that hasn’t suited him, and that’s wrecked his confidence.

I’m not excusing him, and I’m certainly not saying he’s brilliant. I’m saying that if his confidence was higher, he’d have scored in that half.
On the flipside he's looked exactly the same everywhere and even in some of his highlights looks wayward when striking a ball. Has the occasional us vs WHam goal in him, sure, but we can't create 10 chances for him and he scores 0 lol

The quick one-two he should've had a quick touch and shot, instead he took it in, stumbled on himself and it got the ball taken away/resulted in a poor shot. For the umpteenth time he falls over himself or suffers from this same "miskick".

Also he looks a bit lost out there and I've never gotten a different impression from him so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.