2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he would have done nothing and then people would have argued that maupay should have started and vice a versa…

They are both nowhere near good enough and thelwell/the board should be hounded out of this club for leaving us with them two.
Nobody can now argue, with any sort of objective reasoning, that Maupay should start games for us. He has scored 1 goal in 28 appearances, no matter what the circumstances, and they are far from ideal, that is completely and utterly unacceptable. Even if Simms was equally ineffective, at least we could argue that we were trying to develop him for the future. Honestly, what possible argument can there be for Maupay's inclusion now? He not only doesn't score, he doesn't even shoot when he has an opportunity to do so. Our centre forward. It's just so depressing.

Nobody can now argue, with any sort of objective reasoning, that Maupay should start games for us. He has scored 1 goal in 28 appearances, no matter what the circumstances, and they are far from ideal, that is completely and utterly unacceptable. Even if Simms was equally ineffective, at least we could argue that we were trying to develop him for the future. Honestly, what possible argument can there be for Maupay's inclusion now? He not only doesn't score, he doesn't even shoot when he has an opportunity to do so. Our centre forward. It's just so depressing.
The one thing that I have seen that Maupay is less bad than Simms is in the defensive job, and when we press high. I also assume, from what little I've seen (and yes it's hard to believe) that Maupay is a little less bad at keeping the ball under pressure. But all in all, this is like choosing between plague and cholera, and I think Dyche is quite straightforward in terms of choosing players he believes are the best for the team.

I’d rather we’d have kept Rondon.
It’s the general issue with the club whether intentional or not. They sack managers in or about the January transfer window (I think it’s so they didn’t have to spend a reasonable amount of money personally) and on each occasion they let a player go before a new manager comes in. Whatever you thought of Digne’s performance up to his departure, maybe Lampard would have wanted him and whilst I think we can all agree that Rondon was terrible, maybe there would have been some redeeming features of his play (like holding the ball up, or being a battering ram) that Dyche could have used. In each case those players left four to five weeks before a new manager come in, at the points of their departures the writing was in the wall as far as the managerial incumbents were concerned……everyone saw what was coming with the exception seemingly of the board. Absolutely NO view of the present with one eye on the future with this shower.

What is he known for?
Well, none of the above. He played in a two at Brighton, yet that hasn’t been attempted once, so again the results aren’t surprise.

I’m not saying he’s a great player or that playing a two miraculously rectify his clear deficiencies, but it’s a square peg in a round hole.

It’s not absolving him of criticism, but I’d honestly love to know the rationale behind his signing because it’s quite baffling with how we’ve played.

Status
Not open for further replies.