2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Stuck him right midfield and let him learn with someone experienced like Coleman or Young playing right back.

He will be more productive, attacking and won't cost £20m that Leeds want for Harrison.

I can't believe Dyche can't see this
Nah not Young, honestly, otherwise it's a good plan.

Sadly i think at this moment the only way he gets in the team is if we are playing a back 5 with wing backs. I think next year he needs a loan to play week in and week out.

Sadly i think at this moment the only way he gets in the team is if we are playing a back 5 with wing backs. I think next year he needs a loan to play week in and week out.

….its funny how posters assume that a player going on loan plays ‘week in, week out’ when it’s often not the case. A few say ‘send Patterson on loan to the Championship’ but he might well struggle for game time. Where points are up for grabs and a managers future is on the line, players have to earn their places.

….its funny how posters assume that a player going on loan plays ‘week in, week out’ when it’s often not the case. A few say ‘send Patterson on loan to the Championship’ but he might well struggle for game time. Where points are up for grabs and a managers future is on the line, players have to earn their places.
Tell me what Patterson has done wrong this season compared to the other clowns who have played Right back for us ?

Tell me what Patterson has done wrong this season compared to the other clowns who have played Right back for us ?
He's not talking about Patterson he's talking about loans in general its a valid point that going on loan doesn't always mean you will play all the time but people very often act like it does.

Ah yeah that explains Ben "Dogwater" Godfrey then, fair play.

Needs to go out on loan in the summer to a championship club as I've been saying since day one. For the good of everyone.

If there had been a clear and obvious choice in the right full-back position then I'm pretty sure everyone would have been in agreement

It would have been the natural progression for him as it was for Coleman at a similar age

As it is there's not been and he could probably compete with any one of the options there

Having Patterson loaned out felt like it could potentially leave us short

That's only relevant if he was likely to play

If Godfrey is being played ahead of him then it pretty much feels like it's over

Under Dyche at least

Then Dyche is playing Godfrey over a fit Coleman so that might say more about Dyche than it does any of our other players

….given our available RBs, Joey, I don’t think it’s a matter of ‘who’s the best’, it more a matter of ‘who’s least worst’. It’s a pretty poor lot. I can’t be having Young, Godfrey is gung ho but I’d currently have either ahead of Patterson.