2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Just when it seems Dyche was absolutely forced to play him, he does his hamstring. Similar thing happened to him in his first season under Lampard, was meant to start away at West Ham then got a bad injury.

Not completely sold on the kid myself but he has been very unlucky in his time here, and I've wanted him in the team if nothing else as at his age he can only improve, even if eventually turns out that he isn't good enough for this league.

Just when it seems Dyche was absolutely forced to play him, he does his hamstring. Similar thing happened to him in his first season under Lampard, was meant to start away at West Ham then got a bad injury.

Not completely sold on the kid myself but he has been very unlucky in his time here, and I've wanted him in the team if nothing else as at his age he can only improve, even if eventually turns out that he isn't good enough for this league.
This injury reflects how poorly Dyche has been 'managing' him. Patto finally gets on the 'grass' and wants to cut through all the 'noise' and in so doing crocks himself ... 'I would suggest'. More poor decision making coming back to bite Dyche in the arse. Never mind, there's always 'Youngy'.

This injury reflects how poorly Dyche has been 'managing' him. Patto finally gets on the 'grass' and wants to cut through all the 'noise' and in so doing crocks himself ... 'I would suggest'. More poor decision making coming back to bite Dyche in the arse. Never mind, there's always 'Youngy'.

Tbf lad people's hamstrings can just go, more inclined to say poor luck than lay that at Dyche's door. There's no shortage of things to blame him for ATM but do just think this is just one of them!

Tbf lad people's hamstrings can just go, more inclined to say poor luck than lay that at Dyche's door. There's no shortage of things to blame him for ATM but do just think this is just one of them!
Yes I definitely agree with you and stuff like that makes the real criticisms seem less valid too because it just looks like you’ve got it in for him blaming for everything.

Last edited:

No I didn’t, I thought we bought him for 20m. The reality is he isn’t worth 20m, 11m or even 2m. He is awful.

Not a lie.

He's not awful. Just hasn't shown anything yet.

In what 3 years?

You both are making yourselves look a bit silly here.

No matter if you dont rate Patterson, hes not worse than the other 3.

The stats all support this fact.

No point arguing about it...we will need another RB signed anyway as Coleman/Young will be out of contract and Godfrey probably sold.

Not a lie.

He's not awful. Just hasn't shown anything yet.
I won’t vault you and your lies as easy as that would be.

But you never did provide evidence of your £19m fee you claim we supposedly paid.

You did provide a link I remember which disproved your own claims that he is paid £70k a week and showed you really don’t know what you are talking about.

I won’t vault you and your lies as easy as that would be.

But you never did provide evidence of your £19m fee you claim we supposedly paid.

You did provide a link I remember which disproved your own claims that he is paid £70k a week and showed you really don’t know what you are talking about.

Please stop the stalking. I didn't say a £19m fee I said total cost. Irrelevant now. Nobody would dispute its been a bad deal all round. The only ones that benefitted are Steven Gerrard, Rangers and Rafael Benitez.

Realistically he's probably played his last ever game for us so it's all academic. Seemed a good lad but it hasn't worked out. Time will tell how he performs elsewhere what the right decision was.

Please stop the stalking. I didn't say a £19m fee I said total cost. Irrelevant now. Nobody would dispute its been a bad deal all round. The only ones that benefitted are Steven Gerrard, Rangers and Rafael Benitez.

Realistically he's probably played his last ever game for us so it's all academic. Seemed a good lad but it hasn't worked out. Time will tell how he performs elsewhere what the right decision was.

Okay, I clearly do need to vault. see below. £16m with “another 2 or 3” as a clause for staying in league. Not sure if you can do maths, but 16 + ‘another 3’ =19.

(You also have no idea about any clauses in his contract and made that one up).
£16m with bonuses linked to us staying in the league so that's another 2 or 3. Then a 5yr contract at £70k a week.

Please stop bringing irrelevant former rangers managers who weren’t involved in the deal into it please. We know you support Celtic so it’s a bit transparent.

Also not really stalking when you tagged me first.

Last edited:

I don't feel particularly sorry for him because he'll be ok. He's a professional footballer who'll find some level and get rich at it for another decade or so.

Overall my feeling is that it's not his fault that Everton signed him. It was the wrong club for him at the wrong time. He really should have moved to a club that has less expectations for their FBs.

Ability-wise I cant see a future for him in the PL. Fitness-wise he's got a suspect CV now and it'll be difficult to shift him out of Everton for anything more than 50% of what the club paid for him.

A colossal waste of time for him and us. We desperately need a new RB in this summer. I think everyone accepts that now.

I don't feel particularly sorry for him because he'll be ok. He's a professional footballer who'll find some level and get rich at it for another decade or so.

Overall my feeling is that it's not his fault that Everton signed him. It was the wrong club for him at the wrong time. He really should have moved to a club that has less expectations for their FBs.

Ability-wise I cant see a future for him in the PL. Fitness-wise he's got a suspect CV now and it'll be difficult to shift him out of Everton for anything more than 50% of what the club paid for him.

A colossal waste of time for him and us. We desperately need a new RB in this summer. I think everyone accepts that now.
Like most of our players, certainly the younger players, they probably shouldn’t have moved to a basket case of a club.

Being a full international for Scotland is like being Miss Wales, sort of impressive but the competition isn't particularly fierce.

VS

Voting is open...but id suggest its more like cinderella and the 3 ugly sisters when it comes to Patterson.

He just needs to find his fairy godmother and it certainly isnt Sean Dyche.