2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Coleman's defensive skills have always been poor - he lacks concentration, is too short and doesn't use his body well to compensate for aerial duels and has very poor positioning and lacks the pace he used to have to compensate for this. He is still fairly decent at doing a marking job on an opposition player but that's your lot really.
Again you said this the only thing you mention is he had pace and he can do a job marking a player but that’s your lot so reading into that you’ve listed flaws in his game and with his pace gone that’s him finished and useless and by the sounds of it he wasn’t all that anyway always had poor defensive skills, lacks concentration, too short, doesn’t use his body, very poor positioning and lacks the pace to compensate your words mate so not reading what I want reading what you’ve wrote. And no he’s not flawless and of course he’s diminished with age but he’s still capable of doing a job in the league
Think you are basically reading what you want to read in what I've said. Obviously in your view Coleman is a flawless player and has not diminished with age. We'll have to beg to differ on that one.

Making massive assumptions there fella, it’s not exactly a given that Coleman gets back in the team, both he and Keane have only started one game out of the 8 played, and only Keane has had PL minutes, purely due to the Holgate injury at Brentford

We’re once again getting down to the point where we have no other options. We have no other right back. Even our utility options Holgate and Godfrey are also both injured so Coleman is pretty much our only option. At CB we’re one suspension or injury away from Keane being back in.

At the start of the season I thought for once we’d stockpiled enough players to prevent this. Tarkowski Mina Godfrey Coady Holgate all ahead of Keane in the pecking order, and at RB Patterson would be first choice and any of the CBs apart from Mina could also cover.

7 games in though and Coleman will be back in the team and Keane is next in line. We just can’t escape them.

The problem with Coleman coming in for however long Patterson might be out is we won't get much from him going forward because his legs have gone. He's still relatively solid defensively but you won't get much attacking and we will miss Patterson's mobility. I would be interested in seeing Mills at times at least he can get up and down.

We’re once again getting down to the point where we have no other options. We have no other right back. Even our utility options Holgate and Godfrey are also both injured so Coleman is pretty much our only option. At CB we’re one suspension or injury away from Keane being back in.

At the start of the season I thought for once we’d stockpiled enough players to prevent this. Tarkowski Mina Godfrey Coady Holgate all ahead of Keane in the pecking order, and at RB Patterson would be first choice and any of the CBs apart from Mina could also cover.

7 games in though and Coleman will be back in the team and Keane is next in line. We just can’t escape them.
Fingers crossed Holgate is back soon. I do agree I'm sick of the same old faces but it's hard to turn an entire squad around in a few windows we have made a good stab at turning the team around in the last few.

Ita a blow that he's injured and hopefully he will be back by the end of the World Cup at the very latest.

I think if we play Coleman in the home games and then possibly Holgate in the away games if he can get fit soon then we won't be too compromised. Because as well as Patterson has been playing, he has been prone to the odd error too so losing him isn't like losing a star man or someone who makes the difference. But rather losing someone with a great deal of potential who has shown some of that potential in his games so far.

My biggest annoyance Is that the injury will stunt his progression but all being well it hopefully won't take him too long to recover.

The new head of exorcising at FF
20200813T0915-VATICAN-LETTER-EXORCISM-EXPLAINED-1003611.JPG.png

And how is that me saying he plays "worldie" crosses?
Every season is just like flamin ground hog day. Sick to death of watching the same useless wasters continually creeping back into this team. Can I have a single y season without having to watch bleeding Coleman Keane and Davies waddle around the pitch like league 2 players.

There’d finally been a shred of excitement over the last few games. A settled back 4, pace all over the pitch, battlers in most positions, but no send in the clowns once again.

If Sigurdsson hadn’t been a garbage pile of a human being then he would’ve played last season and got a new contract too. We will never see the back of these players.

Least this never happened at Finch Farm, Because, you know, if it did, we'd have the usual cretins blaming it all on a medical dept. they have no inside -or even any - knowledge of.

Injuries aren't always someone's fault. They happen. So next time a player breaks down in training, can we not just accept that these things happen, without looking for a scapegoat? Everton fans shouldn't need telling that sometimes you can just be unlucky.

Might seem like a strange post to make, but I'm correct. If this had happened in training, there'd be certain individuals with pitchforks out right now.

The problem with Coleman coming in for however long Patterson might be out is we won't get much from him going forward because his legs have gone. He's still relatively solid defensively but you won't get much attacking and we will miss Patterson's mobility. I would be interested in seeing Mills at times at least he can get up and down.

…ironically, Patterson hasn’t fully exploited his attacking ability since his inclusion. If anything, he’s been terrific defensively but not offered a considerable amount in the top third.

i highlighted Stan Mills last season as one that could force himself into the squad but he’s a converted winger & will be exposed defensively. Decent size, athleticism and attitude, he’d be less risk playing RWB.

Status
Not open for further replies.