2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely fantastic again today. I'd imagine he won't be at us for many years could go to the top if he carries on in the way he is.
Maybe the time has come to keep this team of youngsters together. The new stadium is only two seasons away and we should be starting to come out of the FFP shackles.

This could be an exciting team that could achieve things.

E5D203E4-2FE9-4B63-8E39-3C6408E39846.jpeg

I seen a lot there today that was good. He competed very well. That was what was required in a Merseyside Derby. But I also saw him knock balls back that went out for corners to Liverpool, I saw him losing track of who was behind him again in the area, and my biggest criticism is that for a lad with pace and power he is VERY timid at taking on the opposition FB one to one.

He deserves a 7/10 for that game today because he was targeted by Liverpool and held up very well. But those things above are all still there to be worked on, and you can bet Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole will be on at him over it. Cole especially will be asking why he's failing to drive at and commit the opposition LB.
Please try to remember that trans okay with tactics. Good players stick to those tactics. A main tactic today may have been that we didn’t want to leave space behind, same as with Mykolenko. I also see that you’re jumping on his mistakes Dave. “Back passes for corners”. That happened once, not plural. Every single player made mistakes on that pitch today, It’s a derby, that’s what happens. Your refusal to admit your error in judgement is showing you up for what you are.

Please try to remember that trans okay with tactics. Good players stick to those tactics. A main tactic today may have been that we didn’t want to leave space behind, same as with Mykolenko. I also see that you’re jumping on his mistakes Dave. “Back passes for corners”. That happened once, not plural. Every single player made mistakes on that pitch today, It’s a derby, that’s what happens. Your refusal to admit your error in judgement is showing you up for what you are.
Great TEAM performance today from the blues.
UTFT.

Dave's laughed at this so I'm inclined to agree with you haha

Well, I believe Coleman came back from his Blackpool loan when he was 21. Then I think he 'clicked' at 23.

Patterson was arguably the outfield motm in the last two games. With one being this derby against top notch opposition i think he has 2 or 3 years on Coleman.

Coleman made his international debut at 23 while Patterson I think has 10 caps already with his debut at 19. So his exposure in both domestic and international matches is already high.

He's also taller and faster from what I can see so far.

He's a superb player. He's going to the very, very top. Hopefully we get a good couple of years out of him before he undoubtedly moves on, unfortunately, to the absolute top level, and that is not in anyway being disrespectful to this great club.

This nonsense about not being able to play in a back 4 or being able to defend was exactly that, nonsense. His games at Rangers were all in a 4, defended similarly to today when required. As he did as part of a 5 for Scotland.

Believe me, there is much, much more to come from him, particularly in an attacking sense, we haven't seen anything like what he is capable of yet. The boy has it all, the perfect modern day full back.

I think we signed him on a 6.5 year deal in January (because the length surprised me) yet transfermarkt says only 5 years.

Interesting to know the truth.

Also i dont think he leaves in the next season or two. Weve seen with Lampard that he wants to hold onto younger players.

i think he wants to really build something and with the new stadium + managing FFP/P&S we could be able to grow under him.

Mate, I have great fondness and support for your team, and a respect that leads me to spend several hundreds of pounds to visit each time I come down. Which is on a relatively frequent basis. But for logistics and cost I'd be there every week.

I'm just realistic enough to know we ain't at the top echelons of football these days. There are tiers, and it's not being disrespectful to say we ain't currently at the top tier, it's being realistic. I'm sure all blues would agree. It's why we lost the likes of Lukaku, gana and richarlison.

I feel from what I've seen, and I have actually watched pretty much every minute of every game he's played, that he can go to the very top tier, a view shared by the people I know in the game here.

He can get to the very top if he reaches his potential. The players you mention were all at least 4 years older than him.

If we are able to build over the next 2 seasons under Lampard with the likes of Onana, Mykolenko, Branthwaite, Gordon, Garner etc then we could keep him.

….as someone who relatively recently witnessed an Old Firm game first hand, I can say todays atmosphere won’t be strange to him. i was in the Rangers players lounge that day, but what will be different is the quality of opposition.

On the highest stage, Patterson was up against a top, top player today & coped.

Did you see @davek In the Rangers players lounge?

He was the bloke pestering the players for autographs...

Status
Not open for further replies.