2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Rangers fan and an Everton fan

I'm not in the slightest bit interested in religious bigotry however unlike yourself

In fact people like you make it hard to be involved with supporting any club

I have no anti-Rangers agenda but I can't believe any fan can be associated with that club and not buy into its anti-Irish/Cults ideology. I've been to Ibrox and its a hatefest. Anyway

Patterson will be a star for us. I think he's going to be brilliant and has Coleman as a decent back up

I have no anti-Rangers agenda but I can't believe any fan can be associated with that club and not buy into its anti-Irish/Cults ideology. I've been to Ibrox and its a hatefest. Anyway

Patterson will be a star for us. I think he's going to be brilliant and has Coleman as a decent back up

….it’s a very emotive topic, I’ve been to Ibrox too for an Old Firm and both sets of fans chant their own songs that reflect their traditions and history.

I think you need to be close to the situation up there to know the culture outside of football, I certainly do not but I do remember Liverpool in the 50s and 60s and how those historic religious tensions have diluted over time. There’s no place for it regardless of which team you support.

He hasn't had mixed fortunes though has he? He has been solid.

I agree that he should not be getting called the next Cafu after 6 games or anything but he has been fine so far. You seem to be looking for stuff that is not there by saying he has had "mixed fortunes" and has "cost us goals". None of this is true.

The worst thing about what you are doing is some people start to believe it. Young lad comes in and doesn't start straight away and people begin to question why not and start regurgitating that he can't defend etc when there is no evidence to say he can't.
This

Will you Dave, or will you give him grudging praise and wait for him to have a couple of bad games so you can slaughter him?
I've given my valid reasons for suspecting this player's defensive frailties - and they HAVE contributed to defeats so far this season - and I've stated the derby was a very welcome straw in the wind that he may be able to be a much better defender.

I say what I see - which is what the manager saw last season. I dont think that's an unreasonable stance to take. It's far more unreasonable than - as some have done here - to suggest he is or will be a "great" after 6 appearances for Everton.

I've given my valid reasons for suspecting this player's defensive frailties - and they HAVE contributed to defeats so far this season - and I've stated the derby was a very welcome straw in the wind that he may be able to be a much better defender.

I say what I see - which is what the manager saw last season. I dont think that's an unreasonable stance to take. It's far more unreasonable than - as some have done here - to suggest he is or will be a "great" after 6 appearances for Everton.
Dave, I dont think anyone is seriously suggesting that after 6 games , they are merely saying he has the potential to.

I can't work you out, sometimes I think you are the best wind up merchant on earth and other times I think you really believe some of the rubbish you post.

how do you manage to support Rangers then? Because that place is chock full of bigots.

This is why we need a sarcastic font. He was clearly joking.

Big future for this lad and is starting to get some form but we please need to calm it down with the hype for him.

He will make mistakes and is still learning the game. It's a massive jump to come from a semi professional league to a Professional one.

Big future for this lad and is starting to get some form but we please need to calm it down with the hype for him.

He will make mistakes and is still learning the game. It's a massive jump to come from a semi professional league to a Professional one.
You do realise that Everton is just a stepping stone for Nathan, part of his journey to the top of football at a big club ?

I’m the first person to talk down the Scottish league, it’s been 36 years since anyone outside the Old Firm has won the league. It’s like Ground Day. But I challenge you to find another nation of similar size who’s clubs have the European pedigree of the Scottish clubs. ?

I’m the first person to talk down the Scottish league, it’s been 36 years since anyone outside the Old Firm has won the league. It’s like Ground Day. But I challenge you to find another nation of similar size who’s clubs have the European pedigree of the Scottish clubs. ?

Portugal, Netherlands, Serbia.

Portugal, Netherlands, Serbia.
Portugal and Netherlands have at least double the population. But are tremendous football nations considering their size. Serbian clubs don’t come close to the European achievements of Scottish clubs.
Its quite mad, you have nations like Poland, around 40 million people whose clubs have never won a European trophy. Russia, 140 million won 1 European trophy, Europa League, beating Rangers in the final in Manchester.
But if you look at the history of Scottish clubs in Europe it’s quite impressive, not just winning trophy’s but getting to semi-finals, finals etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.