2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always felt that Coleman came in for more than his fair share of criticism playing in a back four with CB’s prone to making mistakes. I never doubted he would be excellent cover for Patterson and his performance against Palace was top drawer, Zaha was left very frustrated. Patterson has looked bright this season, still too early to assess his suitability as the heir to Coleman both in terms of can he stay fit for a season and maintain consistency.
An unusually balanced, fair and factually-based post.
Or, to put it another way, someone whose opinion is very similar to mine.

Lets be honest prior to the palace game in which he played very well, coleman was poor. He looks like a rabbit in headlights when the ball is played to feet from pickford, often loses possession in that situation.

If Patterson is ready he comes straight back in, without doubt.
He's available for Fulham. And he'll be on the bench in all likelihood.

Have a feeling Nathan Patterson will start on the bench against Fulham and (depending on how things are panning out, of course) will be introduced sometime during the second half. But if Patterson was to go straight back into the starting lineup, it wouldn't bother me at all. It's Frank Lampards job to agonise over such decisions, not mine.

….Lampard will want Patterson back in the starting X1 but the beauty of this situation is he doesn’t have to rush him back. Despite what some think, Coleman is fine as back-up which allows Lampard to ease Patterson back.
It’s one of the great things about depth. Our lack of it over the last few years has amplified the injuries. We have rushed players back who weren’t ready out of necessity.

If Coleman retires in summer, we will need a competent backup to Patterson.

It’s one of the great things about depth. Our lack of it over the last few years has amplified the injuries. We have rushed players back who weren’t ready out of necessity.

If Coleman retires in summer, we will need a competent backup to Patterson.
That's fine but another Vinagre type who is just never going to get a game is just pointless, it will need some thought put into it imo.

The term 'back up' is nonsensical here. If you don't see that then go and read Lampards words again yesterday.

We have the club captain at RB and he has a younger challenger for his shirt.

That's about the strength of it.

The best performance from a RB this season was posted a week ago by Coleman. That's the standard required from whomever starts in that position.

cf8d347608a7f239b86afe63cfc88fdd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.