2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
@davek How did the lad Hickey do at the weekend? You know, the 15m signing for Brentford that you were using as a beating stick against Patterson?

"Hickey attracted interest from Arsenal this summer but eventually made the move to Brentford. It wasn’t a dream debut for the right-back who failed to make a tackle, block or clearance during the 2-2 draw at Leicester. He lost all but one of his six duels"
I'm not sure this is accurate or the stats are misleading. I watched some of the game. Hickey played well from what I watched. I'm in no way having a go at Patterson here. Hickey and Patterson are different versions of the same playing position. Hickey is better defensively, Patterson the better attacker.

Last edited:
I'm not sure this is accurate or the stats are misleading. I watched some of the game. Hickey played well from what I watched. I'm in no way having a go at Patterson here. Hickey and Patterson are different versions of the same playing position. Hickey is better defensively, Patterson the better attacker.
I took that from an article that came up on my Facebook. This is from the Premier League. Hickey on the left, Patterson on the right.

Screenshot_20220811-103705.jpg

Screenshot_20220811-103716.jpg

….be interesting to see if Coleman starts on Saturday. I imagine Lampard will be keen to get him back but I doubt he’s had a proper pre-season training schedule.

Not a big fan at all of 3 CBs but if we get to see this lad flying up and down the wing more then I will tolerate it.

….be interesting to see if Coleman starts on Saturday. I imagine Lampard will be keen to get him back but I doubt he’s had a proper pre-season training schedule.
I really hope not, I think this is the time to properly commit to Patterson as the first team selection and let him make his mistakes while there's no pressure on him.

I see Seamus as more of a right sided centre back nowadays in this set up anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.