2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Gordon thought that Patterson was gonna come out and they would then double up on Cresswell, but when he didn't to be fair to Gordon he wasn't being lazy, just a communication/position issue, once he realized what was happening he busted his to get back and block the cross.
I don't think that was the case. He was walking back until he realised Patterson wasn't coming out. If he thought they were going to double up on him, he would have still been running back. Ultimately, doesn't matter, its not the Gordon thread, that's a different discussion.

Patterson did the correct thing, and showed he has a good defensive understanding.

More carictaure nonsense. I suggest you go and look throughout this thread to see what I've been saying consistently about the pros and cons.
What Dave, is that things like, he may be a decent winger, but, he will never start as right back in a back four for Everton. Now, just to prove how inconsistent your opinions are, you are saying he's a good defender, but, offers little going forward. To coin a Davek phrase, kin talking rubbish here. Sigh.

The wait has been worthwhile...
Complete revelation since he has come in team...
Gordon very cheeky to be arguing with him especially as NP had been wiping his backside all game...
NP also more effective from an offensive perspective...
More of the same NP?... Wake up Gordon

He has been sensational, but in a different way to what I expected.

His defensive work has been brilliant, that final touch on Cornet was match winning.

However, I don't think the has been a huge threat forward of the ball, and definitely needs to work on his final ball/shot polish. I suspect this will come as he feels more settled, but he looks a touch rushed with the ball moving forward. Perhaps a strong target like DCL will also assist this.

Anyway, full credit to the Waiter for getting him in and for Frank not letting his love for Coleman cloud the obvious decision to back the young lad.

A rare example where recruiting, management and coaching at Everton have all worked successfully in tandem. I feel like the Kev/Frank partnership will bring more of this to the Club.

He has been sensational, but in a different way to what I expected.

His defensive work has been brilliant, that final touch on Cornet was match winning.

However, I don't think the has been a huge threat forward of the ball, and definitely needs to work on his final ball/shot polish. I suspect this will come as he feels more settled, but he looks a touch rushed with the ball moving forward. Perhaps a strong target like Dominic Calvert-Lewin will also assist this.

Anyway, full credit to the Waiter for getting him in and for Frank not letting his love for Coleman cloud the obvious decision to back the young lad.

A rare example where recruiting, management and coaching at Everton have all worked successfully in tandem. I feel like the Kev/Frank partnership will bring more of this to the Club.

With Rangers and Scotland his attacking play was top notch. For Scotland he has been more of an attacking threat than his fellow full back Robertson. His crossing, when good, is very, very good but he can hit his fair share mediocre crosses too. I don't know if he's snatching at them right now but one thing I have no fear over is his ability to cross the ball. They will come good.

Status
Not open for further replies.