2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the " we need another RB " camp , weekly rallying cries from an already finished and currently injured Coleman is something we need to avoid. A cheap stop gap will do
I'm open to ideas who this cheap stop gap right back will be that's premier League standard, considering we currently can't seem to find any 1st choice midfielders we can afford.

If we're going to play 5 at the back, we don't need a RB anyway unless it's an Uber defensive flat back 5? We've already got a RWB that is perfectly adequate at defending when instructed to, and adds a lot to our team going forward.

I'm open to ideas who this cheap stop gap right back will be that's premier League standard, considering we currently can't seem to find any 1st choice midfielders we can afford.

If we're going to play 5 at the back, we don't need a RB anyway unless it's an Uber defensive flat back 5? We've already got a RWB that is perfectly adequate at defending when instructed to, and adds a lot to our team going forward.
Thelwell is best for those ideas. I wouldn't trust the club to butter toast but sadly we've no choice.

The problem with that is unless you have a competent midfielder who drop in, you have a cb out of position all the time. Not good news with our slow aging defenders .

I was killing Patterson after the Minnesota game. He was much better today.

Agree that a 5 suits his game better for now, and I think that’s where we will start the season since the 5 we put out today was the best two way unit we’ve seen this preseason and it seems to get the best out of what we have. I’m scarred about the midfield sitting in front of it but that’s true of any other way we’d line up.

He looked great today, he's a proper modern fullback. Davek doesn't understand modern fullbacks.

Or football.
Ha Ha Ha.

I know he cant defend. If that's the definition of a FB we're all in trouble.

Take a look at the likes of James, Chilwell and Walker and realise how off the role of a modern day FB that lad is.

Lol.

I was killing Patterson after the Minnesota game. He was much better today.

Agree that a 5 suits his game better for now, and I think that’s where we will start the season since the 5 we put out today was the best two way unit we’ve seen this preseason and it seems to get the best out of what we have. I’m scarred about the midfield sitting in front of it but that’s true of any other way we’d line up.
So we never use a back four until a 'defender' learns how to defend?

Crazy.

Ha Ha Ha.

Take a look at the likes of James, Chilwell and Walker and realise how off the role of a modern day FB that lad is.

Lol.

….you criticised fans on here for ‘not giving Benitez a chance’, yet you’ve slaughtered this lad since the day he signed.

i can’t help thinking your dislike of Patterson is simply down to him coming from Glasgow Rangers.

By the way, Chilwell is no shining light when it comes to defending.

Ha Ha Ha.

Lol.
dosent need to be anywhere near as good as them to be a good player for us

can’t help thinking your dislike of Patterson is simply down to him coming from Glasgow Rangers.
I think you are spot on with that comment, Dave hated big Dunc as well and where did he come from. He can be a very strange guy at times !!!

Absolutely no problem playing this lad as a fullback in a 4 on the proviso that we get a competent defensive mid. In the baines Coleman heydays they had decent defensive mids who could fill the gaps if they bomb on. We need someone who can sniff the danger and have the legs to get there if we get broken on and at the minute we don’t have one. That isn’t Patterson problem it’s the teams problem but we do need to play to his strengths and playing him in a four currently with no one to cover when he bombs on will have the goodison dads calling him for everything when he could well turn out to be our best creative outlet.

So we never use a back four until a 'defender' learns how to defend?

Crazy.
If you want to infer that from what I said, I won’t stop you.

Patterson and Myko as wingbacks with Tark Mina and Godfrey seems to be our best setup atm defensively. Also attacking since we’re going to need creation and scoring from our wings and they both look capable.

That speaks both to Patterson’s capabilities, the rest of the defenders, and our crap midfield. Netting it all out that’s where I land.

If Patterson gives more confidence as a fullback in a 4 does my thought change? Maybe, maybe not.

If you want to infer that from what I said, I won’t stop you.

Patterson and Myko as wingbacks with Tark Mina and Godfrey seems to be our best setup atm defensively. Also attacking since we’re going to need creation and scoring from our wings and they both look capable.

That speaks both to Patterson’s capabilities, the rest of the defenders, and our crap midfield. Netting it all out that’s where I land.

If Patterson gives more confidence as a fullback in a 4 does my thought change? Maybe, maybe not.
We got battered by a MLS side and won today against a Div 2 outfit.

I know you said "atm", but that's pretty immediate.

There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that set up today can cut it in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.