2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I tend to take all that stuff with a pinch of salt tbh, I just know he said something yesterday about being fit. I'm just a bit concerned we have not seen Patterson yet, that's all. I know we were linked with him and the other young lad Ramsey and I watched him vs Rangers the other week and he tends to work the full line whereas Patterson is known more for attacking. I just hope we have bought the RB we need and not the wrong one. Hopefully he will start in the cup.

Couldn't agree more mate, I actually wanted us to look at Djed Spence (we have been linked to him previously) who is on loan at Forrest from Boro at the moment. He is big, quick, can run with the ball, but he gets stuck in with defending first and foremost so knows his role. I doubt he would have cost much.

Spence is overrated imo. Thats solely based on very limited snippets and also Boro and Forest fans.

I think we should have signed both Patterson and Ramsay and binned off Coleman and Kenny.

can’t say I’m surprised with his omission, Dunc would have prioritised defence first and just hoped his attacking players could get the job done.

I wonder if a decent manager could get this side playing in a 3-4-3 with Patterson playing to his strengths. Only issue is of course we just bought a defensive LB.

I dont think Mykolenko is as defensive as you suggest. Once he gets match fit and has adapted we should see someone who is decent at both ends of the pitch.

He was one I argued we should get when at Hull. He's a much better all round FB than Terence Trent Whatever, but he is an exception that proves the rule.
Weren't we on to him before he went to Hull? As is often the case with Everton, the interest waned.

Status
Not open for further replies.