Nathan Broadhead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised Sunderland haven’t come in for him at that number mate.
Especially as Sunderland have let Matete go on loan to Plymouth and had Simms recalled. Appreciate he's not like for like for either but they are light on players and he did well there 1st time around

Especially as Sunderland have let Matete go on loan to Plymouth and had Simms recalled. Appreciate he's not like for like for either but they are light on players and he did well there 1st time around

Think their fans really like him mate, though I believe he choose Wigan over them, in the summer which was hard for them to swallow. Prob down to logistics for the lad. He’s Welsh isn’t he.

Think their fans really like him mate, though I believe he choose Wigan over them, in the summer which was hard for them to swallow. Prob down to logistics for the lad. He’s Welsh isn’t he.
Yeah born in Bangor. I remember him scoring a hat trick for a Wales youth team , and the then RS Ben Woodburn scored two , Broadhead was man of the match . We should have had scouts there, a young Ethan Ampadu was playing while still at Exeter and before Chelsea nabbed him.

Yeah born in Bangor. I remember him scoring a hat trick for a Wales youth team , and the then RS Ben Woodburn scored two , Broadhead was man of the match . We should have had scouts there, a young Ethan Ampadu was playing while still at Exeter and before Chelsea nabbed him.

Good stuff mate, heard a whisper recently that Wales are really developing some serious talent, even behind that generation and will be a coming force in a few years.

You're right mate, apparently the deal was done and he was due to sign and become our 3rd striker alongside Stewart and Simms but at the last minute he opted for Wigan instead. Its a shame as Wigan already had lots of striking options so he would have played more at Sunderland. It was said that he got cold feet when Stewart and Simms both scored in a game just as he was about to sign and he might have seen himself as 3rd choice but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't down to Geography.

I'd have him back and plenty more would as well as he scored some big goals for us and he seems to be over his hamstring issues but I think we might have already moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.