Transfer Rumour Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, are people serious about spending 50/60 million on Nathan Ake? Wha? I guess he's relatively quick for a CB, but he's a shrimp and not good in the air. He's also not particularly good with the ball. He's not better than Keane or Mina, so, uh, no.

Look, we can get a CB on the cheap that is reliable that will be fine. We sure as hell aren't going to spend anything anywhere near that for Nathan friggin Ake.

If we have 50 or 60 million to throw away, I'd rather we do it on Ake than Zaha. Centre-back is a bigger priority than out wide when we have Bernard, Richarlison and Walcott there already. It doesn't really make sense to have four first-team wingers on high wages (not forgetting we also still have Bolasie and Mirallas on the books).
You are completely insane.

4A91372B-DC29-4BAA-92C5-9783698260B9.jpeg

When Bournemouth played at Goodison last season Ake looked pretty poor. He was lumping channel balls out for throw ins and seemed under pressure whenever the ball was near him! £65 mil is a ridiculous shout - £40mil would be an overpayment. Maybe as a squad player for £25-£30 but I really don't see it tbh.

Akes future is massively complicated as Chelsea have a buy back clause for £40 million and it seems that Ake had to agree to that clause to secure his transfer to Bournemouth.
I read that if anyone came along with an offer for Ake then Chelsea would demand a significant portion of the fee ( hence why Bournemouth are asking for stupid money) to buy out their interest for in theory even with the ban they could buy Ake back but that would him entail not being able to play till the 20/21 season.
As an aside for me Ake is a far better full back than he is a CD

When Bournemouth played at Goodison last season Ake looked pretty poor. He was lumping channel balls out for throw ins and seemed under pressure whenever the ball was near him! £65 mil is a ridiculous shout - £40mil would be an overpayment. Maybe as a squad player for £25-£30 but I really don't see it tbh.

But when we played them at their place he was excellent

Akes future is massively complicated as Chelsea have a buy back clause for £40 million and it seems that Ake had to agree to that clause to secure his transfer to Bournemouth.
I read that if anyone came along with an offer for Ake then Chelsea would demand a significant portion of the fee ( hence why Bournemouth are asking for stupid money) to buy out their interest for in theory even with the ban they could buy Ake back but that would him entail not being able to play till the 20/21 season.
As an aside for me Ake is a far better full back than he is a CD
But that's not how it works though.
Chelsea would have first option on at buying him for £40M (if your post is correct) If they decline he can be sold to anyone.Bournemouth do no have to pay Chelsea £40M if they sell him elsewhere for any price.

Chelsea are in no position to buy players at the moment due to their FFP ban and therefore could not exercise that clause even if they wanted to.
Bournemouth can still sell him, as to not sell him because of Chelsea's inability to comply with their clause would be a restriction of trade.

The only reason ridiculous amounts of money have been quoted for him is that Bournemouth don't want to sell him, and the only Club to ask for a price was Leicester, one day after they received £80M for Maguire, as they saw him as a cheap replacement.

But that's not how it works though.
Chelsea would have first option on at buying him for £40M (if your post is correct) If they decline he can be sold to anyone.Bournemouth do no have to pay Chelsea £40M if they sell him elsewhere for any price.

Chelsea are in no position to buy players at the moment due to their FFP ban and therefore could not exercise that clause even if they wanted to.
Bournemouth can still sell him, as to not sell him because of Chelsea's inability to comply with their clause would be a restriction of trade.

The only reason ridiculous amounts of money have been quoted for him is that Bournemouth don't want to sell him, and the only Club to ask for a price was Leicester, one day after they received £80M for Maguire, as they saw him as a cheap replacement.

You clearly mis understand the sanction that Chelsea are serving.Its not a transfer ban it’s a ban on registering players.

Chelsea can buy players , just like Real did when they served a similar ban, what they cant do is register them.

As for Chelsea receiving payment from Bournemouth that would all be about Chelsea forgoing that option.

You clearly mis understand the sanction that Chelsea are serving.Its not a transfer ban it’s a ban on registering players.

Chelsea can buy players , just like Real did when they served a similar ban, what they cant do is register them.
well that's easy then. Just ask Chelsea if they want to buy him this afternoon for £40m and if they don't the door is open for us.

Rojo over Ake for me. 50m for Ake is wackspack. You would be able to buy 3 Koala zoo's for that. Ake is good, but fair blinkin dinkum 50m.

Status
Not open for further replies.