Votes: 22 19.6%
  • Maybe if the price is right

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • Cheese On Toast

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be more than happy just to call it the Bramley Moore Dock stadium. I don't feel the need to name it after Goodison Park, it's a different place. I'd love to keep all the old memories attached to the old name. If they want to call it USM bramley Moore dock, that's fine by me too. It's not a big deal, unless, like a previous poster stated, they give it a stupid name like sports direct or stadium of light. It's a new beginning, so might aswell give it a new name. For us supporters aged 40 and under, we've not had alot to celebrate in our lifetime, at Goodison, tbf

I'd be more than happy just to call it the Bramley Moore Dock stadium. I don't feel the need to name it after Goodison Park, it's a different place. I'd love to keep all the old memories attached to the old name. If they want to call it USM bramley Moore dock, that's fine by me too. It's not a big deal, unless, like a previous poster stated, they give it a stupid name like sports direct or stadium of light. It's a new beginning, so might aswell give it a new name. For us supporters aged 40 and under, we've not had alot to celebrate in our lifetime, at Goodison, tbf

I think the question is for our existing stadium to change its name to USM goodison park (or similar) immediately to get around FFP.

The whole point of this is that Moshiri/Usmanov can invest in the club without breaking FFP rules. So what we can get commercially elsewhere is irrelevant. The question is how much those guys think they can get away with and be seen to be legitimate sponsors, rather than owners pumping money in.

City failed because they declared mega-sponsorships, but were not paid the monies - the owner paid the difference. If Usmanov is classed as having no financial interest in EFC, he can sponsor us as much as he wants - as long as it is not an obvious funding of the club ownership and he has no shares/benefit other than commercial sponsorship.

So if he wants to pay more than £64 mill for shirt sponsorship, Usmanov can, but Moshiri can't. Same for stadium naming rights, or any other contrived sponsorship they can cook up.

It wouldn't bother me at all. If we start calling Goodison USM Arena and we get £30 m a year until we leave and this paves the way for £ms at Bramley Moore. We would all still call it Goodison Park, and probably Bramley Moore after we leave. If it helps get the players Carlo wants and brings success that would be a fitting end to Goodison Park, who cares what Sky/BT have to call it - I will be at the ground not listening to them anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.