Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was absolute terrible last night. Truly awful... A 3 rating at most IMO. Having said that I do still believe there is hope for him as a squad player for us.

I thought he was meant to be fairly quick - looks no quicker than Osman though.

I also hoped he had a bit of flair about him, always looks for the easiest pass possible though.

He does work hard but I thought we were getting someone capable of more

He looked great against Athens, but looked really unfit last night, crap touch which allowed them possession for the first goal.

I thought he looked really slow.

Needs to get his match fitness up, maybe a decent run in the reserves for some game time. Seems to have ability.

He was awful last night but i've seen him play very well also. I reckon he's a good player though and i'm sure we'll see much better from him as his fitness improves more and more.

Pretty much what LTb said.

He didn't cope with the tempo last night and looked lost at times. He did seem weak and unaware, not sharp at all. The lazy pass for their first goal as a prime example. That said we weren't that organized as a team and it looked like there was not much of a platform to build upon as we struggled to get the ball out our area.

One of the strong aspects of his game has been drifting inside and this I didn't see last night at all, maybe Moyes told him not to, maybe it was because the lack of rhythm from our side but a couple of times you could see that he could've had a positive impact if allowed to go in the right places. He did get that header tho' and it's a shame it didn't go towards the goal. Last night was the type of night we needed to be clinical but we weren't.

He looked decent in preseason and for Rangers and has a decent understanding with Jelavic. I'm sure he can build on that.
He needs to build up his fitness, get a few games under his belt and the confidence will follow. Everyone seemed to struggle a bit at the rainy Elland Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.