My website :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play Helen. We hear so much rubbish about the "youth of today", (probably hate me for that comment!), but a website, and a business proposition at age 17, superb! Good luck.

Fair play Helen. We hear so much rubbish about the "youth of today", (probably hate me for that comment!), but a website, and a business proposition at age 17, superb! Good luck.

I use that phrase all the time :p
Thanks like, it's hardly a business proposition though!

I use that phrase all the time :p
Thanks like, it's hardly a business proposition though!

Have to disagree! Sad though it will make you feel, my bet is that you will need an accountant in 18 months time!!

Have to disagree! Sad though it will make you feel, my bet is that you will need an accountant in 18 months time!!

Haha, I highly doubt that! Anyway, I'm good at money & maths, I can do that myself!

...or not... :p

Well done and good luck, Helen.

You've got a prodigious talent and should do well - especially with footy portraits as there's definitely a demand in the UK and abroad for such things.

As for subjects you could draw... as an Evertonian I could reel off Alex Young, Mike Trebilcock, Brian Labone, Ray Wilson, Tommy Lawton, Dave Hickson and of course, William Ralph Dean (you've already done Bally otherwise he'd be in there too...)

But: if you want to make this a real business; every club has a few iconic players from it's past that people will part with cash to see portrayed.

From the sublime:
Spurs: Danny Blanchflower, Dave Mackay, Hoddle, Villa etc
Arsenal: Brady, George, Henry, Bergkamp, Adams etc

To the ridiculous:
Hull: Chris Chilton (was it Chris...?)
Charlton: Bert Turner, Eddie Firmani, Derek Hales

All clubs have these players - people will pay for the image, I'm sure of it.

Best of luck with this

Last edited:
Well done and good luck, Helen.

You've got a prodigious talent and should do well - especially with footy portraits as there's definitely a demand in the UK and abroad for such things.

As for subjects you could draw... as an Evertonian I could reel off Alex Young, Mike Trebilcock, Brian Labone, Ray Wilson, Tommy Lawton, Dave Hickson and of course, William Ralph Dean (you've already done Bally otherwise he'd be in there too...)

But: if you want to make this a real business; every club has a few iconic players from it's past that people will part with cash to see portrayed.

From the sublime:
Spurs: Danny Blanchflower, Dave Mackay, Hoddle, Villa etc
Arsenal: Brady, George, Henry, Bergkamp, Adams etc

To the ridiculous:
Hull: Chris Chilton (was it Chris...?)
Charlton: Bert Turner, Eddie Firmani, Derek Hales

All clubs have these p;ayers - people will pay for the image, I'm sure of it.

Best of luck with this

Thanks very much, I actually really appreciate that as I now have a good list of people to draw and yes, I guess I should draw iconic players from other clubs but I'm worried that
A ) their fans will dislike me/the drawing as I'm an Evertonian
B ) Evertonians will dislike me for it

:eek: ...I worry too much!

Yes I think you do!

Advice: (run me own business for 15 years) Don't go into business if you're worried about people disliking you. Too easy to upset some people.

Your talent is enough justification. Just go for it.

This Evertonian won't mind and most on here will feel the same, I'm sure.

Bob Latchford. Good ideas from trebilcock66.

What's the problem with the email form and your host? You might want to mung the temporary email address you have on the site or else you are going to start getting all kinds of offers in the mail: http://hivelogic.com/enkoder/

It may be an idea, when you are selling the drawings and if people are looking to frame them, to talk about what kind of quality of paper they are drawn on ("all of Helen's drawings are on paper which is sourced from original papyrus and pulped by the feet of Balinese temple dancers") - especially since some of the videos show you drawing on a lined workbook (if I remember rightly).

Status
Not open for further replies.