Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see him cover any of them well. He's our best distributor after Schneiderlin (if Barry is discounted) but also has the pace to play as one of the two pressers if one is missing.

If he returns to the level he was at in the league cup semi then he'll push any of that first team.

I think he is very similar to Tom Davies in style. We will need a squad. The thing I like about Besic, which is untrue of most of our squad is that he revels in big games. You see so many of our lads shrink when it comes to big matches but he grows. He has a big game temparement. I remember the derby two years ago which we drew 0-0. Not a classic and we were playing poorly at the time, yet we won the midfield battle that day (which has been very rare). Basic was a central part of this. Similar in that league cup Semi where he rose his game.

We just need him in our team so Barry isn't the only other option. Some games call for a Gareth and other games call for a Mo. It would be nice to throw McCarthy into the equation, but he is a massive [Poor language removed] Butkus.

I think he is very similar to Tom Davies in style. We will need a squad. The thing I like about Besic, which is untrue of most of our squad is that he revels in big games. You see so many of our lads shrink when it comes to big matches but he grows. He has a big game temparement. I remember the derby two years ago which we drew 0-0. Not a classic and we were playing poorly at the time, yet we won the midfield battle that day (which has been very rare). Basic was a central part of this. Similar in that league cup Semi where he rose his game.

Agreed. I'd have him as the 4th CM in our squad.

Also have a sneaky feeling he might work well as the right wingback for when we go three at the back. Fast, good on the ball, solid defensively, energy for days, likes to get forward and join in attacks.

His semi-final performance against City was the best I have seen from any player in years! Season ended when he got injured!

IMG_4449.JPG

Besic does n

Besic is a defensive player he does not have the attacking instinct nor the quick feet/one touch passing of Davies.

Status
Not open for further replies.