2020/21 Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wasn’t played in his correct position

tenor.gif

I almost think there will be a back story here that comes out in 10 years or so .. how a player that looked so promising and delivered such an incredible performance against City can all of a sudden be so useless he couldn't play ahead of some of the players we have put out, I won't understand.
To me .. either badly managed or badly coached.. or badly influenced.

He looked great in the world cup before we bought him. Gutted it didn't work out and we didn't get a bargain

Yeah...it was a low risk purchase and definitely worth a try - he could have been an 'Everton-type' of player. I don't blame Martinez for buying him, but that contract extension was crazy. And it's good for him financially of course, but as a player he's just wasted his best years!

I almost think there will be a back story here that comes out in 10 years or so .. how a player that looked so promising and delivered such an incredible performance against City can all of a sudden be so useless he couldn't play ahead of some of the players we have put out, I won't understand.
To me .. either badly managed or badly coached.. or badly influenced.

If we couldn't properly develop Barkley and then also people like Besic, Vlasic, Lookman, it could be something is up in coaching and mentoring. We definitely messed up some contracts and management of players, but also had a very confused transfer and development policy during the last 6 years which has not helped some players and wasted money for us

Status
Not open for further replies.