2020/21 Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Everton were idiots for giving out long contracts, but some players have no shame. He should have found a new club C a long time ago.

Why?

He didn’t force the club to hand him a 5-year £40k a week contract did he? He’s got a contract and why would he want to drop it? It’s free money.

Realistically he isn’t getting more than £10k anywhere else, so why take a 75% to play football? Short career, and he’s every right to do it.

That’s how football works nowadays.

never seen him in any training vid, so really wondering if they even ask him to come in for training.
you can say what you want about him, but coaches freezing players out unless there is really an issue with disciplinary is beyond me. I mean we had a few over the years like Niasse, Bolasie, Besic. Probably forget a few.
It's especially weird as we've literally never been blessed with depth in the squad in years. I don't see the point in freezing players like Bolasie and Besic out when they seem like the kind of characters that if you called upon them they'd give you their best. Niasse was the same, awful player and basically turned into a meme by the fans where he was actually getting chants and all that which is one thing but you can't ever begrudge him or his effort.

Bolasie went out on loan but I guarantee if he was still around he'd not be in the squad for no reason, just like Besic is currently. It's actually madness, they're getting paid regardless and they are entitled to that pay, why not make them earn it? I mean Gbamin was out for a year or more with injury and came back into the team and similar things happened to Besic he just went out on loan, played decently for Sheffiled United but came back and got frozen out, it's so weird because he's clearly a better option that young lads on the bench and I've argued and will still argue he's better than Davies.

Stinks of stubborness for me which was the worst trait Koeman had when he was here.

I’ve just read that he joined in 2014 then realised that he must have been handed a 7 year contract or it’s been renewed at some point!!!!
either way it’s madness

Why?

He didn’t force the club to hand him a 5-year £40k a week contract did he? He’s got a contract and why would he want to drop it? It’s free money.

Realistically he isn’t getting more than £10k anywhere else, so why take a 75% to play football? Short career, and he’s every right to do it.

That’s how football works nowadays.
I know that very well. It’s a ridiculous trap we’re in.

Some of them are giving up their careers and international chances to do it.

I doubt Niasse will get another chance now.

Tosun has wasted his career on our bench. He’ll have been be well paid but his best years were wasted.

I know that very well. It’s a ridiculous trap we’re in.

Some of them are giving up their careers and international chances to do it.

I doubt Niasse will get another chance now.

Tosun has wasted his career on our bench. He’ll have been be well paid but his best years were wasted.

I'd say it's more the likes of Garbutt, Sandro, Tarashaj, Besic who are the worst.

Bolasie and Tosun were bought with the best intentions to win now (or panic with Tosun), neither came for a holiday, but when it's became clear it isn't working, and no one will match you wages, you're not going to care and go take a pay cut. You wouldn't in any other realm of work, so why is it different for a professional footballer?

Besic is still 28 at the end of the day, and when his contract expires, i'm sure he'll be playing the professional game for a good 4-5 years, at least.

The likes of Garbutt who took home £35k a week after a few decent games, is the exact epitomé of what was wrong with Everton at that time though. We're curbing that now, but christ in the region of £80k a week, or £640k a week out of our finances for Bolasie and Tosun is just appalling, isn't it?

I'd say it's more the likes of Garbutt, Sandro, Tarashaj, Besic who are the worst.

Bolasie and Tosun were bought with the best intentions to win now (or panic with Tosun), neither came for a holiday, but when it's became clear it isn't working, and no one will match you wages, you're not going to care and go take a pay cut. You wouldn't in any other realm of work, so why is it different for a professional footballer?

Besic is still 28 at the end of the day, and when his contract expires, i'm sure he'll be playing the professional game for a good 4-5 years, at least.

The likes of Garbutt who took home £35k a week after a few decent games, is the exact epitomé of what was wrong with Everton at that time though. We're curbing that now, but christ in the region of £80k a week, or £640k a week out of our finances for Bolasie and Tosun is just appalling, isn't it?

Tarashaj was a highly regarded young player who never got to play for the manager who signed him. The signing kind of made sense at the time, no idea what went wrong there. It happens though.

Most clubs will have a bunch of players on their books who they cant get rid of, it's not just us.

Tarashaj was a highly regarded young player who never got to play for the manager who signed him. The signing kind of made sense at the time, no idea what went wrong there. It happens though.

Most clubs will have a bunch of players on their books who they cant get rid of, it's not just us.
I'd actually like someone to go through each teams squads and see how many bolasie, besic and garbutt types they have that haven't actually played a game for their club in years. I'm too lazy to do it myself

Leeches everywhere at this club.

What a life he gets to live, thousands upon thousands per week to sit at home and do nothing.

It’s gutted the club and blocked the career paths for younger players.

Status
Not open for further replies.