2018/19 Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we ever had those words written in that order on these pages before.
An honest and decent enough player who has been fairly consistent until fairly recently, but a good captain would have been telling some home truths and kicking some butt after some of the dire performances we have witnessed for the last few seasons (since the end of Martinez first season imo). I think his leadership qualities are conspicuous by their absence.
I think they suffered a little due to the shoddy laces he used...they always came untied at those crucial moments which required his commanding captaincy skills. But this season, such distraction should be ameliorated by his now wearing slip-on boots.

We loaned him out to Boro last season whilst we were giving that rat Schneiderlin game time?! Martinez used to pick Barry and McCartgy ahead of him despite him outshining both of them whoever he played.

Based on the quality of past performances for this club the midfield pecking order should be:

Besic
Gueye
Davies
McCarthy
Klaasenn

Schneiderlin.
You've missed Baningime and Joe Williams above Schneiderlin.

You've missed Baningime and Joe Williams above Schneiderlin.
I'm quite looking forward to Schneiderlin having a good season this year. At the back of last year he started improving and in a forward thinking system with movement ahead of him he will only improve. At his best he is better than all of them on that list.

Other than Besic like...

Have we ever had those words written in that order on these pages before.
An honest and decent enough player who has been fairly consistent until fairly recently, but a good captain would have been telling some home truths and kicking some butt after some of the dire performances we have witnessed for the last few seasons (since the end of Martinez first season imo). I think his leadership qualities are conspicuous by their absence.

I think you’ve missed the sarcasm here. Cap’n Jags and his leadership quality is a trope for the dinner sophist.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.