MSP Sports Capital

Eh. Spend 500 and it’s worth 700.

Welcome to America.

The stadium is an asset to people who would know how to monetise it.

I get that it could make money and I'm all for as soon as it's finished it will massively increase the club's value, however I'm not lending a club 100 million on the basis it is some how secured to a unfinished stadium that if it were to all go belly up next week, I get left with at least a bill of 250 million to finish it but might not have a club to even play in it.

There's also the covenant that it would have to be reverted to a dock should it not be used as a stadium so it's not like they can knock it down and build something that they can make money from. I can't see how that makes sense so if you'd like to enlighten me I'm all ears (well eyes).

I get that it could make money and I'm all for as soon as it's finished it will massively increase the club's value, however I'm not lending a club 100 million on the basis it is some how secured to a unfinished stadium that if it were to all go belly up next week, I get left with at least a bill of 250 million to finish it but might not have a club to even play in it.

There's also the covenant that it would have to be reverted to a dock should it not be used as a stadium so it's not like they can knock it down and build something that they can make money from. I can't see how that makes sense so if you'd like to enlighten me I'm all ears (well eyes).

We will lease it.
The club will sell to pay off debt.

The club in its current state just won't survive.
My mind has already moved on to a degree, to the new Everton, that will eventually emerge.
I fear some very dark days before that point is reached.
Nothing will change - in fact they will progressively worsen - under the existing regime.
They need to be called out at every level and beyond.
Moshiri & Kenwright together are in the process of absolutely ruining this football club.
I wouldn't have believed it years ago, but it's happening day by day, in front of our eyes.
One of them is independently wealthy and trying to recoup what he can from what he idiotically committed.

The other is a vulture feeding on a carcass.

Together they are cancer.

We will lease it.
The club will sell to pay off debt.

Lease it to who? Everton would have gone bust in this scenario. The new Everton Co. could stay at Goodison without assurances that moving to a new stadium would make any commercial sense -e.g. naming rights go to the club and not the stadium owner, sales of food and beverages during games and so on, fixed long term rent so it doesn't just go through the roof.

It's all wishy-washy so I don't believe anyone would use it as a guarantee.