Moyes Wants 5 or 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't we go for Carson then, just over 3m for a 22 yo England international would have been better than 9m for Hennesey. I think DM will want an experienced back up as cover for Howard

Cos he wants first team footie which he wont get at Everton at the moment.

I cant see Moyes going in for Hennesey as the rumoured price of 5 million is far too high for a back up goalie. What has happened to this Portugese feller? Surely if he had impressed whilst on trial we would have got him in by now. Hopefully he has been set a 'win a contract' task by having to fly to Portugal, and persuade Moutinho to join him. If he persuades him, hes signed :D.

And btw, did anyone know that in 2004, Darren Bent was given a warning by the police for shooting a 12 year old boy with a pellet gun :huh:

Has anyone else noted a hint of frustration in Moyes tone in this article ?

Yeah, I remember last year he had a quote early in the transfer period along the lines of "some undisciplined clubs are paying way over fair value, and we won't do that."

Really just a play to try to save 1M here or there than anything else... IMWT

We really do need 5-6 players as we are short as fukk. But i hav'nt got a clue who we'll bring in.

We need players in fast, so to get them settled in the team. Ready for the new season.

Nice to hear what Moyes wants. Simply put it exactly is what we have all been saying. I still wonder if we are having trouble getting the right individuals because teams are licking their chops for more money because of our predictament, i.e. small numbers with some question marks on the injury front (Cahill,etc). I think like kind could be in the works for Johnson for Bent. But troubling to me is the hands off Moutinho and M'bami by their teams. I feel one maybe two named players to be had but I really believe the other three or four being Championship caliber or younsters for the future. Still more bodies is always good.;)

I cant see Moyes going in for Hennesey as the rumoured price of 5 million is far too high for a back up goalie. What has happened to this Portugese feller? Surely if he had impressed whilst on trial we would have got him in by now. Hopefully he has been set a 'win a contract' task by having to fly to Portugal, and persuade Moutinho to join him. If he persuades him, hes signed :D.

And btw, did anyone know that in 2004, Darren Bent was given a warning by the police for shooting a 12 year old boy with a pellet gun :huh:

By 'this Portuguese feller', are you referring to the lad from Sporting? Coz apparently, he flipped his lid while he was on trial and walked out after a couple of days, claiming he was too good for a trial.

What a ****.

3 Signings
2-3 Loans easy as!
I think this is more likely than spending 16 mill on one player a nice list for sure but all it is at the moment is paper talk though we need to get our arses into gear the season not that far off.

Moyes wants 5 or 6 but after selling 5 or 6, it'll be a net zero additions to the squad.

I'm kidding but I'm not liking the idea of AJ being sold, even if it is 11M.

The more i think about the AJ situation Bill the less i like it too it makes no sense to me unless we're a bit strapped for cash

Status
Not open for further replies.