Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope Kenwright knows what he has just done and will accept the consequences of it if it does go wrong (and i really hope it doesn't). All it will take is 1 bad season, 1 finish in the bottom half to send everton back to the smith era. Baines, Fellaini and Mirallas aren't going to stay at a bottom half club with a manager who by that point will have shown that is where he belongs (if they even stick around now), and when we are there are we really going to be able to attract the same quality of players? Probably not. It is a vicious cycle and one that Kenwright shouldn't even be considering getting us near.

Best of luck Roberto you may well need it.

Bill made the statement, everything else in between has been based on rumour and news stories, the only other factual admission based on interviews has been Wheelan stating that Martinez has been given the go ahead to speak to Everton. Wheelan stating a compo deal has been reached, and the club denying a deal is in place. There have been a few news reports, of which I"m not sure if there were direct quotes without trolling back through them, about agents giving statements. The rest is speculation based on rumours, accounts by people who claim to know someone, and news reports.

If you've only ever discussed 100% factual information and not come to any opinions in life based on anything but total refutable facts, then hats off to you. You're the most logical person alive.

I gave my views, which were my views, based on information I've read. I'm entitled to interpret them, and to formulate an opinion on them. That's what 'rumour sites' and forums are all about, otherwise we might as well stick to 'news' sites.

I'm not going to troll and try and find any instances of you posting a speculative opinion, I'm sure there are many.

Calling someone a liar is not speculative opinion...its a direct accusation. For years Bill has been called a liar on various forums, and this assumption has regularly been based on 'speculative opinion'. Even when so called facts are involved, Bills somewhat generous use of the English language is not usually taken into account. His bread and butter job is after all in an industry were to exaggerate is the norm. For example The Greatest Story Ever Told was not that, it was just a good movie story based on the scriptures, in the same way that Rooney 'not being sold for £50 million' was an exaggeration, as was Dave Whelan calling Martinez the best manager in Europe, or whatever it was. Football supporters should always carry a pinch of salt around with them, it might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.