Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I want Martinez, I think he'll be great for us.

The main reason for this post is that I want to be able to say I told you so, when he gets the job and leads us to the Champions Lge & FA Cup glory.

There have been plenty of people here who have singled out relegation and nothing else.
It's a big thread and a lot of us are just taking some of the stuff we've been over a lot already in the past 20k odd posts as read. Earlier in the thread I may have given some detailed reasons; lately I have moved onto "I don't want a relegated manager" as a "shorthand" of sorts.

My point is that depending on which post of mine you read you might assume that is the only reason I have. However I have other posts which go into a little more detail. I don't think it's reasonable to assume just because someone only mentioned relegation that its their only criteria. They may have mentioned a lot more details a week or so ago and just don't feel like repeating it all in every single post. They may have said "same for me" to someone else's list of reasons and that's their opinion but they haven't "officially" listed it out in their own post.

I have a fairly good handle on where a lot of posters stand and they don't need to reiterate all of their old points in every single post.

FWIW I'd agree that relegation alone maybe isn't enough -- although if you were going to pick one reason alone it is fairly compelling.

To your second point, I think you display your own selection bias: you're taking a nuanced statement and turning it into a binary dialectic. I specifically said there's no way of knowing if Martinez would succeed.
TBF I did make that point myself weeks ago but it's a bit of a conversation cul-de-sac. We have no way of knowing Neville or Stubbs isn't the best appointment either. Mourinho could come here and fail. We are just making (perhaps poorly) educated guesses based on the best available information.

I could respond to almost every single post in this thread with "there is no way of knowing for sure" but that's not really going to get us anywhere productive.

Last edited:
I want Martinez, I think he'll be great for us.

The main reason for this post is that I want to be able to say I told you so, when he gets the job and leads us to the Champions Lge & FA Cup glory.

O LORD LADS,, give me some a that stuff your on

I admire your enthusiasm ;)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.